X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Interstellar

Got my figures today from NECA's eBay store (ordered on Thursday). Overall I've pretty happy with them. I have some big pictures to show the details:

Unfortunately, my figures are looking down in the box as if forlorn. They have neck articulation, so its easy to fix, but if you wanted to keep them MIB, its not the most flattering pose.

Out of the box, they look great. Just held in with some twist-ties, so very collector friendly if you want to put them back in the box. The figures are heavy and feel very sturdy with lots of details on the suits.

The heads swap easily, but still feel solid. The visors on the helmets move up and down. The helmets are part of the heads and can't be removed. It makes sense as the helmets would have to have been very big to fit over the sculpted hair.

Crazy details on the suits. The helmets have two small tubes that fit into the backpacks. I didn't try to take the suits off, but it looks pretty easy if you take the heads off first. There is a Velcro seem on the back of both the shirt and pants.

There are no hands, just the molded gloves.

Overall they look great. I will probably just display them with the helmets on and possibly use the extra head for customs
    Attached Files
    sigpic LaserMego
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Did I mention easy head swap?

Attached Files
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

At last!
      I have a set pre-ordered, and we finally see how they turned out. Not bad at all. The suits looks great. Neca still needs to work on the skin tones (they're still a little bland), but overall I'm happy.
      I also love the box: you can take them out, play around with them, put them back. In a perfect world, all figures would come like this.

As for the extra heads: Batman's Catwoman and True Detective's Rustin Cohle. Make it so!

Btw: just how limited is this set?
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

Very nice!!!

Comment

• alex
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 15, 2009

These are great, but also agree the face paint looks a little flat, same goes for the new Pam fri 13th, great figures but the paint ap lets them down.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

POTA Taylor had good paint applications, so if they could just repeat that one, it'll be perfect!
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

not bad..well at least him..she has no likeness
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Great space suits and I really like Taylor on that body. Wish the heads weren't stuck in the helmets.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎