X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Birds of Prey complete TV series to DVD

Birds of Prey DVD news: Press Release for Birds of Prey - The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com

This show had LOTS of potenital, but I think the character of the Huntress was the big downfall of the show. The actress wasn't very strong to lead a series, and the character was writen incosistently from one episode to the next. Dina Meyer as Barbara Gordon was worth watching though! Great casting there, and nice handling of the Oracle (and Batgirl) character.

Plus, the Gotham Girl online shorts are included! I was thinking we'd never get these on DVD once BTAS/TNBA wrapped up it's season sets. Glad to be wrong! Meyer plus these make this a set I'll have to pick up.

CHris
    sigpic
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Great news! I was just going through some old VHS tapes the other day and chucking stuff I've since purchased on DVD. I had taped all of the Birds of Prey episodes and was about to throw the tapes out but then thought "Better keep 'em...they'll never release this on DVD". Gladly proven wrong! In the trash they go!
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I taped all but the series finale...I missed it!!! So I'll be glad to pick it up for that too.

I recently went through and purged a ton of VHS. It felt good!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

I really hate Smallville but I watched some of these and really liked them overall. Now I can get the whole official series and see how it ended.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Awesome! I loved the show other than the love stories (which unfortunately were prominent). I also thought it was kinda dumb calling her half meta human. Either you have meta human powers or you don't there is no 'half'.

The gotham girls addition will be cool.

I have these as VHS trnsfers to DVD including the unaired episodes (don't expect anything great to wrap it up). Mine are medium quality so I will probably get this.

Comment

• spiderrogue
            new mego-er
            • Feb 3, 2008

i have a "fan" made set...from a sci fi con...has the unaired pilot eps. + the aired one...a little different....

Comment

• livnxxxl
              Megoholic RocketScientist
              • Oct 23, 2007

I loved that series/show. I cannot believe they took it off of the air like so many good shows only to leave a lot of crappy shows on in their place. I for one will be buying the DVD set. Even despite a dedicated website and hundreds of people if not more calling for the return of Birds of Prey. Sadly, the execs made up their minds and was not going to change them apparently it just wasn't going to happen. Glad to see that they are atleast releasing them on DVD. That is one series that I do not mind watching some of the shows over again. Thanks for the great news and info.
              Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

Yeah. I will probably snag it for my daughter. I would really love to get my hands on that live Flash show from the 90s without paying an arm and a leg for it off amazon.
                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

awesome,I remember the chick being super cute
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

Cool my Tapes are dogged...it'll be nice to upgrade.The batgirl episode is worth buying it alone

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

This is good and I'll get it. I always felt they never gave the show a fair chance.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

The show could have been good....but the BLEW IT! The only good thing that They got right, was Dina Meyers as Batgirl.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎