Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman first appearance set release date?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimP
    • Jul 14, 2015

Batman first appearance set release date?

Chomp'n at the bit. I pre-ordered through ebay and I check if it shipped three times a day. Anyone know when these things are dropping??
  • mickeymoosemego
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 11, 2014

I will post when they have arrived and are shipping. Not at this time.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Website(s) say August.

Comment

• JimP
        • Jul 14, 2015

Originally posted by TRDouble
        Website(s) say August.
        Yea, but August can be two days away or 32 days away.... fret! The greatest pleasure of having sumthin is wanten it.

Comment

• Toycade
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 8, 2014

A little birdie told me we should have them sooner rather than later.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

What about Series 2 teased on card back- Golden Age Wonder Woman, GA Flash, Silver Age Supergirl, etc? Will they be announced for 2015?

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ You know you guys have to quit playing on my FTC addiction. I sat here firmly complaining about the repurposing of some of these figures. And the more I look at these figures and hear this anticipation for them, it's feeding my addiction. I would like to stand up now and raise my hand, " Hi my name is Tom. And I am a FTC-oholic." Jesus. I'm going to end up ordering this line.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

FTC could have at least put black shadows on the 2 Batman cowls like Batgirl's cowl and whited out Batman's pupils like Robin's! And why ovenmitts when JLA has painted hands?

Batman Series 4 NEW Batman better have all this for the Neal Adams/Jim Aparo look! Longer bat ears and cape, too! Brooding face!

Comment

• JimP
                  • Jul 14, 2015

Originally posted by Toycade
                  A little birdie told me we should have them sooner rather than later.
                  Ok, you I like.

Comment

• JimP
                    • Jul 14, 2015

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                    FTC could have at least put black shadows on the 2 Batman cowls like Batgirl's cowl and whited out Batman's pupils like Robin's! And why ovenmitts when JLA has painted hands?

Batman Series 4 NEW Batman better have all this for the Neal Adams/Jim Aparo look! Longer bat ears and cape, too! Brooding face!
                    Yes, I agree all-round. I honestly cursed when I saw the oven mitts again and the same head sculpts. But I can't say I love a lot of the new, oversized heads either. These guys need better research. Study the mego sculpt style and then do new heads that are comparable. Part of their approval process should be to compare the new heads to a set of the originals to make sure it's not "one of these things is not like the others" (to misquote Sesame St.) Rant!

Comment

• Cymru629
                      • Jul 8, 2015

+1 on this >
                      Originally posted by ovenmitt

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

I hope they wait on the Wonder Woman first appearance until after the WW wave 1 is out. I'd rather they re-purpose a new head instead of rolling her out with the baby doll head.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by JimP
                          Yes, I agree all-round. I honestly cursed when I saw the oven mitts again and the same head sculpts. But I can't say I love a lot of the new, oversized heads either. These guys need better research. Study the mego sculpt style and then do new heads that are comparable. Part of their approval process should be to compare the new heads to a set of the originals to make sure it's not "one of these things is not like the others" (to misquote Sesame St.) Rant!
                          ^^^ This. x1000s This! I have issue with the Head Size (Heads way too big) & the Detail & Paint apps (NOT Mego-ey enough for me) on every single New FTC WGH DC figure! I was hoping for New DC WGH done like Mego would have done them! Yes Thor, GA, Mr. Fantastic & Invisible Girl had newer more detailed sculpts that I LOVE, but the new FTC Bizarro, Comm. Gordon, Alfred, & the Ras Al Ghul & Scarecrow protos have all been major FAILS, as far as being MEGO-like enough for me. I wish the WGH New characters looked less FTC Batman 66 (which I like as a seperate line) detail/paint wise, & more MEGO-ey!

This concludes my daily FTC Rant! ......But, still am eagerly waiting New figures that blend in better. Can't wait (but also very nervous) to see Green Lantern, Hawkman, Flash, Plastic Man, & Poison Ivy (among many others)!
                          Last edited by invisiblelad; Jul 31, '15, 1:41 PM.

Comment

• JimP
                            • Jul 14, 2015

Rant away Invisi ! I just got the FTC DR. Sivana so I could rip his ping pong ball sized head off and stomp on it. Thank the PVC gods for Doc Mego replacement heads!

Them biggg heads make the FTC's look cheap.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎