• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sowth
    Career Member
    • Mar 14, 2006

Batman vintage toy artist question...

Hi all,

Just wondering if one of you fine comic book connoisseurs could let me know whose work (or even its origin) is featured on this vintage Batman toy packaging / backing card?

Thanks a bunch!

Will
    Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Looks like early 50s Bob Kane ghost artist Lew Sayre Schwartz, or a redrawing of one of his pieces. Like many Batman items from 66, his symbol has been redrawn to add the cicle/oval.

Just my guess!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Sowth
      Career Member
      • Mar 14, 2006

Hey Chris!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated :-) I thought it was a bit weird that the "Batman... and Robin" logo in the top right hand corner seemed to be from an earlier time than the main image of Batman, would that be right?

This will eventually make it's way to ebay and I wanted to get the artist(s) right if I could.

I'm sure Lincoln weren't too concerned in '66 when they were pumping these babies out though, they put out some weird bat-crap in those days!

Cheers,
      Will
      Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Will,

That is an earlier logo, but it was still in use on the insides of comics like Brave and the Bold and World's Finest. As you can tell, it's where they got the Batman TV series logo, they just added funky lettering.

Yeah, from what I've seen, Lincoln did some whacky Batman stuff!!!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎