X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

That "Other" 12 inch body

I've ordered the standard 12 inch mego skinny body from FTC and it passes for an original pretty much.

I noticed they have another 12 inch body there. If I didn't know better, it looks like they're using a pic of one of those cheaper 8 inch bodies, passing it off as a 12 inch body.

I'm tempted to order one but don't know what I'll get. Has anyone ordered one of these? Are there any other pics? Here's the link.

Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

That's weird - why tool the shoulders and hands differently just for a color change? I think it's a pic of the 8" as well.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I emailed FTC to ask. If it does have different tooling I may order one for a custom I'm working on.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

Ok, sorry for not answering this sooner - I have one of those 12" bodies for my Avengers Goliath. It seem similar to their newer "made in China" 8" bodies but the shoulders are the even newer design that allows the arms to rise out to the sides. My complaint is that the waist ball has a tab on each side ( which I removed ) that fits into a notch in the pelvis that keeps it from rotating but doesn't keep the top torso from tipping from side to side if not perfectly balanced. Here are a few pic that I hope will help answer questions.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks for posting this. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎