X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mirrorman
    On Patrol
    • Jul 18, 2011

Mad Monster Castle playset question ??

The Mad Monster Castle playset from FTC .. does anyone know the size / dimensions of this play set both open , as well as closed ?

Does it fold up, or is it permanent open/set up ?

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

14"h x 15"w x5.5" side depth, closed. If you add the parapets, it's 16" high.

14"h* x 15"w x 14"d, open.

The length of the drawbridge is 11" when lowered.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

If you're considering buying one, my review:

A good effort, about 85% there compared to the very expensive original. FTC has taken some shortcuts in construction and lithography, but they're not glaringly offensive. It displays well, like the original. (Even the original was not very playable IMO because of the closed square design.)

The greatest shortcomings are the shoddy lab table--I promptly replaced mine with a vintage POTA table--and the cheap drawbridge cord, which I replaced with a long black shoelace.

I added FTC coffins as fun accessories.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mirrorman
        On Patrol
        • Jul 18, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        If you're considering buying one, my review:

A good effort, about 85% there compared to the very expensive original. FTC has taken some shortcuts in construction and lithography, but they're not glaringly offensive. It displays well, like the original. (Even the original was not very playable IMO because of the closed square design.)

The greatest shortcomings are the shoddy lab table--I promptly replaced mine with a vintage POTA table--and the cheap drawbridge cord, which I replaced with a long black shoelace.

I added FTC coffins as fun accessories.
        I have a small monster collection and this looks great, so am tempted to get one. Plus I figure I can use it for Robin Hood and Knights figures .. hmm, did pirates ever use a castle?

Not going to be cheap to ship from the US to Australia though, so wanted a few questions about the size answered first. Gives me a chance to see if I even have the space to display it.

Thanks for the reply and the unbias review PNGwynne.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎