• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Flash!

No, not Flash Gordon.

We are getting Flash, Captains Cold and Boomerang, and Reverse Flash!

I hope he gets a Secret Identity head as well, it would give us more options.
    JediJaida
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

Flash, aaahhhhhhhaaaaa ...

Totally getting this whole set. Maybe a case. Wow! Love my Flash.

Only downside is the wait ...

- Marty

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Excellent set of four figures. Three villains, very nice. The press release in the newsletter said "one of the most popular lines of 201 ." So is that 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019? With FTC, who knows?

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

These could be very cool! Cold and Boomerang seem to be the biggest investment in new costuming. I hope they do Cold with a real hood instead of molding the head in the shape of a hood like Mattel did. After looking at how others have done a classic Boomerang figure, he could be either interesting of he could come across as a transgender stewardess if they aren't careful. Those sideburns can get out of control! LOL

I do hope that FTC will be able to deliver all of these figures eventually. We are still waiting for the Kresge card figures that are supposed to be released this month. I checked the FTC web site and they haven't pushed the date back yet. This is a LOT of figures already listed through the rest of this year though. And a LOT of people are really looking forward to them!

So far they haven't let us down like Mattel did though. Lets keep them coming!!!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Since Trickster is in the picture on the PR and not Captain Cold, I asked FTC if this was a safe reference for the costume era and they said yes:

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

In my mind's eye I am hoping for a Riddler-esque sculpt with Cold's blockier goggles and a cloth hood. I think that would help differentiate it from the Mattel version if they can pull it off.

Comment

• ovenmitt
              Persistent Member
              • May 26, 2009

Wise decision by FTC! Flash has always been popular in DC Univiverse so many generations and of course he has a hit TV show (and had one 25 years ago, too!)

Great way to start 1st wave besides Flash of course, but 3 of his most popular rogues- Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, and Reverse-Flash who I always thought was a scary dude the way he killed Iris, Flash's wife.

Plenty more Rogues to do

Trickster
              Weather Wizard
              Gorilla Grodd
              Heat Wave
              Pied Piper
              Rainbow Raider
              Golden Glider
              Abra Kadabra
              Dr Alchemy

And Flashes

Jay Garrick
              Wally West
              Impulse
              Max Mercury
              Johnny Quick
              Jesse Quick

Barry Allen white lab coat

Elongated Man Ralph Dibney original purple and white costume! Red and blue costume for JLA line!

So excited for Flash line!

Now we need GREEN LANTERN! My gosh the GL Corps possibilities!

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

So are we now to assume that Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman will be released in WAVES only,
                and not in WGH line? Sucks if so, because it means (1) we have to wait longer for figures to appear,
                (2)WAVES will sell out faster due to lower manufactured runs, and (3) if all the figures are a "miss",
                then later runs won't get made. Case in point: Bets are Superman Wave 2 will peg warm or will be under ordered. That will probably mean they'll be no wave 3, which means chances of characters we do want
                (Parasite, Maxima, Composite Superman, Toyman, etc) will be slim...
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

This is fantastic we get 3 rogues in wave 1. Jay is going to be a first appearance figure so keep those villans coming

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Nice. Good selection, as all three villains are classic favorites and have appeared in the TV show. Pleased they got to Boomerbutt right out of the gate, and he should make a great looking figure. Same with Cold, though I would be very surprised if the hood wasn't part of the head sculpt. A real hood would be more expensive on the costuming, and I rarely recall seeing Mr. Snart with it down, so I can easily live with that. I said before that Flash has one of the most toyetic rogues galleries in comics; even the goofier guys like Rainbow Raider would look great in Mego form.

It also means we'll likely get a Green Lantern series, which I would very much look forward to. It's a easy choice from FTC's perspective, as well, considering how much use they can get out the GL suit pattern, just as Zoom is a natural with Flash. Same pattern, different color, no extra development needed. I do hope we get a different head sculpt for Reverse Flash, though.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Well, Batman Retro Series 2 Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson are still peg warming, but we still got the sold out Series 3, so there is hope after Superman Series 2.

The Flash Series 1 sounds great! I wasn't really wanting Captain Cold yet (although, with him in the series, I would have expected Hear Wave because of the show), but if they can do him with the cloth hood, that would be cool.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

FINALLY!! One of the missing figures from the Mego line! Now let's pray for good head sculpts and no "GIANT Head" syndrome.
                        sigpic

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 21, 2009

I think a Flash series is a great idea, and I'm eager to see these. The Flash was one of the biggest omissions from Mego's original line, and while the Mattel retro figure was nice, Flash's look wasn't quite right (his nose was too big, for one thing). If there is to be a Series 2, an 8" Kid Flash is a must (I suspect a Golden Age Flash will come with the First Appearances line).

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 27, 2009

Very eager to see these, especially the head sculpt. I didn't mind the head on the Mattel one, but it was off the mark just a tiny bit, not "mego-ey" enough if you will.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

For me it's about seeing the suit. I loved the Mattel head but wasn't a fan of the turtleneck collar and weak belt peeling off or bulky boots. If FTC ends up with a large head I may morph the two versions together
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎