X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Need ideas for John Steed

With the death of Patrick Macnee, and there being no sign of the New Avengers figure that came out in the mid seventies, does anyone here have any idea which head can be used for a substitute Steed?

The body, of course will be a Type S, but I need ideas for the head.

Would the Galahad head do? Or a brown haired Shazam head?
    JediJaida
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

$_57.jpg think they might be a few you could get away with

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

$_57.jpgor sand off the tache

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Got this at the second or 3rd Mego Meet. Can't remember the member that made this. It was a pair of Steed and Peel Avengers figures. Just an awesome job on both figures. Here is a pic of the Steed figure. I think it's a Trelane Trek head that was used. I could be wrong:

If I can find the Peel figure in my box of customs that I packed up, switching over to a detolf display and haven't had time to re-display yet, I'll post the pic of the Peel figure.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Found the Emma Peel figure:

And here is a pic of Steed and Peel together:

I think the Peel head is a Joan Collins head from the Playmates Trek line. Hope these pics help....and if anyone has any info on who made this awesome customs please post it here. I enjoy them everyday in my collection...it would be nice to recognize the customiser that put a lot of effort into these.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Many years ago--1998-'99 I think--I recall seeing customMegos online of Steed & Peel. I cannot recall if they were in the original Mego Museum (though I think they were), but they were exquisitely done by I think a female customizer. Nice as the ones posted by Blue Meanie are, the set I recall was several degrees more detailed, in portraiture and in detailed attire. But perhaps they were 1/6? I seem to remember a custom Bentley, too.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎