X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

will there be "8" boxed figures ?

I was just wondering ,after FTC does the kresge card figures replica packaging ,Will they do "8" boxed figures ,since
    they did them in "18" scale ( for practical reasons ) .I would like them ,and buy them all again ,Unless of course Diamond/Emce
    has the exclusive rights to do boxs for their legendary superheros line .If they ever do them they can sell them in a repro counter
    display box .Of course they could only picture DC art .which makes sense .i think that would be so cool.
  • Boy_Wonder_1978
    Career Member
    • Apr 30, 2015

I like this idea. I'd certainly buy them if they came in a box. How cool would they look on your shelf?

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

There is no doubt in my mind that we will see boxed versions of every figure at some point in time.
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

I'd buy every DC WGSH BOXED like I will Kresge carded! Love the original Mego 8" window boxes! That's what my parents 1st bought my DC and Marvel Megos in 1972 when I was 2!

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I think if the figures continue to sell, that would be a viable option for collectors who want that kind of presentation. I like the idea especially with the counter display option. That could be big for FTC.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 21, 2009

If they do these, I'd like to see at least a limited run of the window-less boxes that the very first Mego superheroes came in. My Batman and Aquaman figures came in solid boxes, circa 1972-3.

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

I like the box and counter display idea a lot. With their new figures, if you give me a box or clam shell option, I'll take the box everyday.

The problem with boxes for FTC might be that they aren't as durable as clamshells, but if individual figure boxes are sitting in shipping boxes, it might not be an issue.
              Last edited by madmarva; Jun 30, '15, 9:00 AM.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                Career Member
                • Apr 30, 2015

^^ Same here. I'd go for a box every time over a clamshell. While clamshells have been mentioned and as practical as they are, for me personally, I'd much prefer a bubble factory sealed to a backing card just for that authentic 'vintage' look and feel of things.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

I definitely hope we get boxed WGSH at some point.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I kind of hope they don't. You'll get people that will complain that it's just another excuse for FTC to repackage the same figure again.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I'd actually buy some of the WGSH if they were boxed, and they would be a little more environmental friendly, too. I prefer my toys to live free range, so all that plastic is wasted on me.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎