X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Body size

I was thinking about this, especially when it comes to the relative size of the heads.

It's not just that the heads are too big, which they are; it's that the bodies are too small!

This has probably been mentioned before, but I can't recall if it was or not, so here goes.

The FTC body is somewhat smaller than the original Mego bodies, isn't it? Due to shrinkage or some other factor, right?

Why don't they correct that issue, since we can't be the first ones to complain about it?

Aside from the stringing issues, and the recycled plastic from India junk that they were peddling a few years back, why hasn't the size issue been corrected? Especially if they know about it?

It just doesn't make sense to me that they'd switch factories, and nottake care of the size/shrinkage issue.

Wouldn't doing that show that they really care about the satisfaction of their customers? Or have they fallen into the 'disposable junk' theory? The more disposable something is, the more people will spend to replace it.

Kind of like TV sets. Back in the day, if the set went kerflooey, you didn't automatically buy a new one, you had it repaired. Unless it was completely shot, you didn't just go out and buy a new one. TVs were really expensive when we were kids.

Anywho, back to the size issue.

Now the size of the male bodies isn't altogether too bad. True, some of the male heads have the gigantic noggin syndrome, but not all of them.

It's the female bodies that are the real problem.

The size, the too tight stringing, and the general construction of the thing.

Especially the teen girl body.

I mean really, who decided that it was a good idea to repeat Mego's mistake? Oh yeah, THEIRS!

I bought one of the female teen bodies, and almost immediately, the hip pin came out of the socket, went flying and was never seen again. And they NEVER sent me a replacement peg, even though I both called and sent them an email about it.

Okay, there. I've vented.

Anyone else want to join the rant? I mean, discussion?
    JediJaida
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

I think everyone knows how I feel about the FTC Bodies... FTC has made it known on a few occasions that there is nothing wrong with their bodies and have no intention of retooling them... If they have given anyone a different answer lately I know I would like to hear it.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎