Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be interested in modern characters done in the 1966 style?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toycade
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 8, 2014

Would you be interested in modern characters done in the 1966 style?

Just curious as a retailer. There is certainly a finite number of characters to choose from as FTC goes forward with their stellar 66 line. I speak with the guys at FTC on a weekly basis. I am not a part of the design process or any process for that matter. But I do like to spit-ball ideas with them, which got me thinking, would you be interested in seeing figures made from the current comic that introduces modern characters in the 66 style?
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

That would be fun! The Batman 66 producers came up with that Wonder Woman test film which thank goodness never made it to air the Cathy Lee Crosby WW was awful enough until Lynda Carter saved the day! *The 1978 Hanna Barbara Legends of the Super Heroes 2 live-action TV specials with West, Ward, and Gorshin along with Shazam, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Black Canary, HUNTRESS!, and the Legion of Doom Dr Sivana, Sinestro, Solomon Grundy, Giganta, Mordru, I think that's it? That's closest to how other DC characters would have looked on Batman 66 TV! Too bad Lynda Carter and Christopher Reeve could not have appeared on those shows!

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I'd love to actually have the big 3, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, in their current costumes in Mego size/style.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

That's an interesting idea. Where I'm concerned (if I were in your shoes) is if the intent gets lost in translation. Because everything would be subjective whereas right now you have more or less a direct style guide from the series that states what is right or wrong and that's what drives the nostalgia. Something entirely new is open to one person's idea of what a character MIGHT have looked like. This is a tough crowd to rally on that kind of thin ice. To me, if you wanted to expand the merchandise of the series I would love to see mini-diorama sets. If they can't do a Batmobile with moving wheels, why not do half of one like the prop they used in the show with a scene of the road behind like they are riding in it? You could do the same with the Bat Boat. Add a few cameras and boom mics and you have a Batman '66 production set!

Comment

• binkystarr
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 16, 2015

Enough Batman talk, where and WHEN are we ever going to see Wonder Woman in retro Mego Lynda Carter Style??? FTC knows they WILL make money off of it because Lynda Carter WILL ALWAYS be Wonder Woman no matter what. Im a little tired of all this WW stuff that does NOT resemble the cartoon design by Alex Toth or Lynda Carter, we WANT Wonder Woman NOW and we want it THIS YEAR 2015!!!!!! Give us WONDER WOMAN

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

YES! 2015 is 40TH anniversary of 1975 Lynda Carter The New, Original Wonder Woman ABC TV movie!

It will be an INjustice if there is no OFFICIAL Lynda Carter Wonder Woman merchandise especially dolls and action figures in her likeness! There's the 2015 Lynda WW Hallmark Christmas ornament but that's not enough!

I want a full-fledged FTC Wonder Woman TV series LINE ABC and CBS versions!

It will be a shame if Gal Gadot gets WW merchandise and Lynda does not!

Comment

• drogge
              Career Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

I would be interested, I wonder how they would be translated into a 66 look. I think the TV show was trying to represent how Batman was drawn in the comics during the 60's. With that said all the DC heros have a 66 look based on how the were represented in the comics at that time period.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Absolutely! Of course, you lose the likeness factor, since these characters never appeared in the show, so there is no real person basis for them. But if it could help expand the line, I would be for it.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Curt Swan Superman
                  Ross Andru Wonder Woman
                  Carmine Infantino Flash
                  Gil Kane Green Lantern
                  Joe Kubert Hawkman
                  Jim Mooney Supergirl
                  Jim Aparo Aquaman
                  Nick Cardy Teen Titans
                  Dick Dillin JLA remaining members

Comment

• houseofdracula
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 11, 2011

I'd go for the Lynda Carter WW and I'd also go for SHAZAM figures based on the 1974 TV show or even George Reeves as Superman but as far as Batman goes, if it isn't from the 66 TV show, I'm just not interested.
                    Just my opinion.
                    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Toycade
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jul 8, 2014

The current '66 comic series is doing a nice job of introducing modern characters into the '66 universe so the design elements would already be there for FTC. Here is a link to a '66 Harley. http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/06...uinn-in-action

Comment

• Toycade
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jul 8, 2014

Here's a better link with more characters. http://www.dccomics.com/browse?conte...%20%E2%80%9866

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

I'll be shocked if all guest villains and secondary main cast get made. Isn't there, like, 30 more characters left?
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Toycade
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jul 8, 2014

There are certainly some more characters to choose from the main cast, however, at some point as a retailer I have to ask myself if a 66 style Two-Face who never appeared on the show would be a better choice over a bland Art Carney Archer.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

I think it is a cool idea. I would be interested in a '66 Harley or Two Face. I think it would get some buzz, and I think it would sell. Especially if you could get away "casting" that character with a passing resemblance to an appropriate actor from that era.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎