X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

need a trenchcoat

Looking for a source of 8" trenchcoats for some 80s antiheroes. Anything come to mind that is pre-made, or do I have to start sewing on this one.

thanks
    rche
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

trenchcoats

I suppose you could always sew one, but I find that trenchcoats (and labcoats) are such a pain. I bought a couple of Fantastic Four Movie Thing action figures on clearance at TRU. He comes with a brownish trench coat, a fedora and a black pair of sungasses. I actually bought the figure so I could make a Rorschach (and probably a Commissioner Gordon, too) You might try there. I've seen a few bigger scale coats that I've cut down to fit
    9'' scale, too.

I hope that helps a little.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

Sewing is Fun.
      You can find a Pattern on Customego.... just enlager it a Bit. I forget the Measurements..
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Gary> Thanks for the Thing tip. Hadn't seen one of these. Have you tried it out. I am supposing you are taking a cut up the center seam and thinning it out a bit.

Would love to see Rorschach if you do it. I am thinking along the lines of the trenchcoat brigade that hung out in DCs magic type books. Constantine, Mr.E, Phantom Stranger. But Rorschach would be fun as well. Then you would have to make the rest of the crew. Best to get started.

rche

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

I'd appreciate it if that THING trenchcoat was as simple a solution for an 8 inch
          Comm. Gordon custom simply to buy it...no alterations...done

Gary please let us know if that's the deal
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

The movie Thing TCoat is actually nicely done. It fits FC 9 inchers pretty good, it might need a sleeve shortening for Mego.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Thanks Tbolt^^^
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

The small 6" Sting figure from a couple of years back has a black leather coat that I've used. There is also a Famous Covers version that had a leather coat but it was a little big for Mego's. The 10" Marvel Universe Gambit also has a brown leather trenchcoat that work's for Mego scale stuff.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

There's an Inspector Gadget 10" figure that has an awesome mego scale trench coat
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Rche, I suggest you try to make one. It makes it your custom that more awesome if you have your own sweat equity in it, plus it's a good learning experience. Challenging, but fun...
                    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                      • Aug 14, 2007

Yeah, the Thing trench is pretty "roomy". I've scaled down G.I. Joe sized clothes to decent fit by cutting a strip out of the back seam and connecting the two sides together. I imagine that it will be a little work (which is probably why I haven't done it yet) but I've STRUGGLED with sewing trenchcoats/labcoats. For my attempt at the lizard, I must have resewn that labcoat 5 times and still didn't like it. I found a 1/6 scale coat at a yard sale, but I don't have the heart to switch it out.

Ah, a collection of Watchmen customs.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                      https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Try war-toys.com for cheap 1/6th stuff to reduce.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎