X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

What needs shrinking?

What needs to be shrunk that would appeal to a lot of people? I think it would be cool to have a Captain America head shrunk down to eight inches from the twelve inch Mego figure. I'd prefer to enlarge stuff, but that is more costly. I think the OMS added to silicone method would work better than hydrospan to shrink stuff. And if you made a casting in silicone and OMS instead of resin, then everything is getting reduced quicker.
    Learn how to shrink a mold to reduce the size of an already existing original. Through a simple mold making technique, you can shrink a mold by nearly 25 pe...

What, if anything, would be in demand if shrunk?
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I bought the Smooth-On stuff to try this method out but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Been trying to finish of building a rotational casting machine. Not sure what would be a popular item to shrink, especially for the general board. It's a good question. I would think Cap would be a good candidate but I would check with Austin to see if he has already done that one?

PS. they mentioned in the Smooth-On method to make sure the item being molded wouldn't be affected by the chemical added to the silicone.

Comment

• Spyweb007
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 18, 2006

I think a lot of the Mego 12" sculpts would be cool in 8". The Magnaetic Batman sculpt reminds me a little bit of the Batman Begins mask. Moonraker James Bond, Buck Rogers, etc.
      Last edited by Spyweb007; Jun 15, '15, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

If you're offering? I've got a Captain Kirk head from a plush toy that is a GREAT likeness of Kirk from the 1st Star Trek Movie. It's a bit large though...bigger than a 12" figure...but it's a nice soft rubber.

sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
          If you're offering? I've got a Captain Kirk head from a plush toy that is a GREAT likeness of Kirk from the 1st Star Trek Movie. It's a bit large though...bigger than a 12" figure...but it's a nice soft rubber.

That Kirk head kinda reminds me of the Mr. Fantastic head.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            That Kirk head kinda reminds me of the Mr. Fantastic head.
            I can kinda see what you mean...but I don't think it's a Mego "re-work" in anyway. Maybe they have a similar jaw line. Also, have you ever noticed that on the Mr.Fantastic head his eyes don't line up? One is lower than the other.
            sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

We've been shrinking and enlarging things for the better part of a decade now. I personally have shrunk almost all 12" Mego WGSH down to 8".

The question you should be asking is, "What haven't we shrunk?"
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                Permanent Member
                • Mar 7, 2011

The original GI Joe head

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by megowgsh
                  We've been shrinking and enlarging things for the better part of a decade now. I personally have shrunk almost all 12" Mego WGSH down to 8".

The question you should be asking is, "What haven't we shrunk?"
                  Let's see the Captain America you shrunk. Do you have it available for others? How about the 12" Hulk?
                  And the question still remains.
                  What needs to be shrunk, that would be in demand? The Knickerbocker Kirk head is pretty cool, but there is already a good 8" Kirk head. So I don't think that would be very popular.
                  I tried to shrink the Mork doll head a few years ago, and the acetone didn't shrink it at all.
                  Isn't the G.I.Joe original head available in the 8" size already?
                  Lenny and Squiggy haven't been shrunk that I know of. But probably wouldn't be good sellers.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

I have 8 inch scale flocked heads but not the original 1964 Heads

GI-Joe1.jpg

Comment

• Carmelkettle
                      Museum Patron
                      • May 26, 2015

I would certainly be interested in original GI Joe heads - and there are NONE of the 'foreign head' GI Joe, or Asian/Japanese in 8 inch. Original (or 40th anniversary) figures or just heads are easy to find; foreign has one 'official' Hasbro repro that isn't too hard to find (but can be pricey). Asian is very difficult to locate and usually expensive, but there is a 12" second-party repro that is passable and might even be more acceptable at Mego scale? I would want multiples of all of these and could help track down or provide information for anyone trying to shrink or duplicate them.

Comment

• Carmelkettle
                        Museum Patron
                        • May 26, 2015

Foreign head at a reasonable price (although nude it should be less than $20 incl. shipping)
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Australian-A...item1a01a58dce

Comment

• fallensaviour
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 28, 2006

Various joe heads would be cool,not just the 64 stuff (92 version is also cool)
                          Picked a couple up at the thrift store for $0.99 a piece.
                          The 12" hulk sculpt was way better than 8" version.(it may already be out there?)
                          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• K
                            Fun Will Now Commence
                            • Jun 20, 2001

Are any of the Hot Toys heads shrinkable? Those sculpts are amazing. A Bale Bruce Wayne head would be great.
                            I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

I was in the pool!!!
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰