X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

clasmshell zip-ties

So I got the JLA Shazam and Green Arrow tonight. It looks like I need to gain entry into the GA clam to fix a couple of problems like his hat on his chest and the belt completely undone. Not a big deal, but I'm guessing once the zip are cut it's pretty much over a that point. I'm not really into any figures strictly for value, but does anyone place any value on those ties?
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

You can actually gain get into them without cutting the ties. You just have to push the tab back from the "zip" while you loosen it. I use a very very small flat head screwdriver. Works every time and the zip is left intact and good as new.

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

I think I might actually have one small enough around here. I'll check when it's light out and my eyes are fully functional. Great figures, though.
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I can't wait for mine to arrive on Monday...so psyched!

Comment

• dchero66
          • Jan 18, 2009

I've had Figures Toy Company send me some by just asking. It does have their logo in it, so it does make a difference as to how all original they are, if you ever have interest in their future value should you decide to sell any of them.

I finally got a Supergirl without crazy hair, and was able to get into the clamshell to straighten her feet (which were pointed at the sky - looked really awkward) without removing the tie. But depending on what you need to do, it might require removing it, so I see where replacing it would be necessary.

Originally posted by Random Axe
          So I got the JLA Shazam and Green Arrow tonight. It looks like I need to gain entry into the GA clam to fix a couple of problems like his hat on his chest and the belt completely undone. Not a big deal, but I'm guessing once the zip are cut it's pretty much over a that point. I'm not really into any figures strictly for value, but does anyone place any value on those ties?

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Random Axe
            I think I might actually have one small enough around here. I'll check when it's light out and my eyes are fully functional. Great figures, though.
            Anything thin enough to access and lift the tab away from the tie ribs should do the trick. If for whatever reasons you accidentally ruin it just send me a PM with your addy. I'll be happy to send you one of my extras. just LMK bro!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎