Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CTVT molded boots and gauntlets with a Type S body?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomStrong
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2011

New CTVT molded boots and gauntlets with a Type S body?

Anybody tried to match up the newer molded type gauntlets to a type S body? How did you do it?
  • Carmelkettle
    Museum Patron
    • May 26, 2015

I don't have any of the CTVT gloves yet, but it looks like all that's needed is to fit the included peg into the Type S arm. Once MrFreeze comes out I need some silver gloves and boots. This might require some dremeling/sanding and could result in a permanent change, no more switching hands. You'd also loose forward and back wrist articulation and have the chance of the peg moving too far into the arm, so I think I'd glue the peg in place before attaching the glove and at least retain wrist rotation.

I've been thinking of trying to see if the NECA gorilla soldier gloved hands will fit on a Type S, but have yet to see these at TrU.

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

I'm sure it's doable. In addition, the parts worked on a teen body for me for a 66 Burt Ward/Robin

Comment

• ubermanx
        Career Member
        • Jul 3, 2013

I did it with my Batman 66.

Just warm up the ankles and wrists in hot water and slide in the CTVT/FTC pins. I should add that I didn't warm up one of the arms well enough and I kinda stretched the hole a bit and the pin falls out. So a little heat shrink tubing on the pin and it is nice and tight.

- Marty
        Last edited by ubermanx; Jun 10, '15, 6:37 PM.

Comment

• TomStrong
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by ubermanx
          I did it with my Batman 66.

Just warm up the ankles and wrists in hot water and slide in the CTVT/FTC pins. I should add that I didn't warm up one of the arms well enough and I kinda stretched the hole a bit and the pin falls out. So a little heat shrink tubing on the pin and it is nice and tight.

- Marty
          Awesome! Thanks so much for the advice.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎