X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

big thanks, ya'll

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who busts their knuckles making this cool show possible.
    I have wanted to get to a Meet for years, but Wheeling was just out of my reach - I barely made it through Chi before the fat lady sang her swan song for this one.

It was great to finally put some faces on the voices I hear when I read your posts and to chat about toys and comics with everyone. I think I missed shaking hands with a few folks, but hopefully will be able to do this again next year and will add the stoopid traffic and taking the wrong exit into my equation so as to be around for the customs contest and see a bit more of the bustle of the sales rooms in full force.

Beyond meeting some of ya'll, one of my personal highlights was checking out Mark's boxed LL heroes that he whilpped out from under the table at the zero hour to ask all of us what we thought of the capes. In retrospect, I think they both might be legit, tho I am not sure about the superattched Supes emblem. Pretty amazing to see those figures in original boxes.

I'd also like to say thanks to Art for signing the poster for my classroom. The kids all thought that was pretty cool, and my son got a little inspired watcing you sketch while everyone was talking before dinner.

And a major shout out to Chris for hanging with me whilst waiting for the pizzas to arrive. It was great to finally meet you and to share a bit of the crazyness that goes with one's first time at a Mego Meet.

Skokie Mego Meet- Aw Yeah!
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

That's What It's all about... Even if I don't come home with anything (WHICH HAS NOT HAPPEND YET) at least I get to spend a couple of days with people who have now become extended Family... 2016 can't come fast enough for me.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Super nice to meet you, hope you can make it longer next time.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

great to meet you (And finally figuring out rche=ARCHIE!). Thanks so much for showing us your Ledy STar Wars... a highlight for sure.

hope you can make it next year for the full show!
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

I was so glad you could make it, man!

Originally posted by rche
          Beyond meeting some of ya'll, one of my personal highlights was checking out Mark's boxed LL heroes that he whilpped out from under the table at the zero hour to ask all of us what we thought of the capes. In retrospect, I think they both might be legit, tho I am not sure about the superattched Supes emblem. Pretty amazing to see those figures in original boxes.
          Oh yeah, that was a highlight for me too. If I recall correctly, I was talking to Mark about his repro boxed Ledy Aquaman, and next thing I knew, he's pulling out a boxed LL Supes and Cap from under the table, that was a "wow" moment! I was thrilled just to hold them in my hands. And yeah, I think the capes are both legit too, when I got home, the first thing I did was check the cape on my Ledy Supes, and it seems exactly the same.

And a major shout out to Chris for hanging with me whilst waiting for the pizzas to arrive. It was great to finally meet you and to share a bit of the crazyness that goes with one's first time at a Mego Meet.
          Oh man, my pleasure sir! It was really nice to share a first Mego Meet with someone I felt that I "knew". Great way to end the weekend for me. And thanks for all your information on the Lego robotics stuff, I'm gonna do some research. If we lived close to you, my son would be totally taking one of your classes!

[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by samurainoir
          great to meet you (And finally figuring out rche=ARCHIE!). Thanks so much for showing us your Ledy STar Wars... a highlight for sure.
          Yeah, I remember when I first figured that out! And the Ledy 12" Star Wars figures were amazing to see and hold, if you ever come to Canada rche, I'll "show you mine" so to speak. Between your stuff and Mark's, I experienced more Ledys in person than I ever expected, I'm really happy about that!

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

Wish we could have chatted more, but it was nice to meet you sir!

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

here they are
              ledysand.jpg ledyjawa.jpg
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Mego Milk
                Custom Mego Maker
                • Jun 3, 2007

Great Meeting you too!
                aw yeah Mexican star wars!

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Great to meet ya and talk toys. Or at least Ledys ,)

Dave

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by David Lee
                    Great to meet ya and talk toys. Or at least Ledys ,)

Dave
                    I think we managed to sqeeze some kaiju and henshin in there as well.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎