X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvmbrsdoom5
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 1, 2005

Just a quick message of thanks....

Hey everyone, Larry here (the blonde longhaired metal guy who was lurking around the past couple of days at MM, lol). Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was seeing everyone here in Chicago-land, and hope that everyone had as good of a time as I did. I know many of you don't really know me because I keep pretty quiet for the most part here on the forum, but it was a great pleasure seeing everyone come together and share in our mutual love of this hobby once again. I haven't been to a Meet in a few years so it was a real trip seeing all those faces again! And I definitely plan to come out next year, whether it's once again in my backyard or elsewhere. In the meantime I hope to get up to Aw Yeah Comics more frequently I wanted to stick around and socialize more after dinner last night but wound up having to pick up my wife and drive her home from work, by the time that was done I was just beat and fell asleep early (I'm getting old lol) so I was unable to return to the hotel.

Oh and obviously I send huge props and thanks to everyone at the Mego Museum and Aw Yeah! for making this happen, and thanks to everyone for being nice and friendly to the weird longhaired dude (i.e. me), haha.

The weather this morning is absolutely dreadful so I wish everyone the safest travels, as I know driving in and out of Chicago in normal weather can be a nightmare at times. Hope everyone has a safe drive and/or flight outta here.

Looking forward to seeing pics and video from the Meet, hopefully soon. Cheers.
    Last edited by nvmbrsdoom5; Jun 7, '15, 11:15 AM.
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

GAH! another person I was really really meaning to stop and have a bit of a chat with as I was running around Mego Meet yesterday. We had such a great conversation over dinner and you were so welcoming to me at my first Mego Meet over half a decade ago.

Everyone kept telling me how different you looked, I didn't quite clue-in until a bit later on.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 1, 2005

Oh it's no worries, I was lingering around Austin's table alot while you were busy doing this, that and the other thing, and I could tell you were having a really good time so I didn't want to bother you. There's so little time to really talk to everyone you'd like to AND get all the shopping, custom building, etc. all done, it goes without saying that you're gonna miss a few people along the way, no worries. And I tend to keep to myself for the most part so I'm not big on butting in to people's conversations and such, it's all good

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Dude... TOTALLY BOTHER ME NEXT TIME!!! It would have been great to chat. 8)
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Not only did I get my fill of friends and toys, but I got to chat at length with Larry about music. We know a lot of the same people in the industry and have quite similar tastes on a lot of stuff so it was freakin awesome to talk shop cause I never get to. Just like my toy hobby, I do not have a single person to have discussions in person about this stuff. He's like a thinner, long haired, better looking and far more talented twin brother who's a few years younger than me.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

LOL You crack me up, Scott! But the feeling is mutual, and one of the things I look forward to the most about Mego Meet. Not only getting to see and buy so many awesome toys but the conversations with people who are like minded and understand the stuff I am interested in! It's always a pleasure seeing you and talking music, toys, etc. with you, and of course THANK YOU MUCH for the traveldrive full of music, plenty to dig into there and I will enjoy all of it. Let me know what you think of that Sahg cd when it arrives too.
            Also, I never did get a chance to check out the vintage amplifier they brought as a joke! I wanted to check it out but it was just so busy all day and as I said, I tried my darnedest to get back after picking up Jess but there was just no way *sigh*

Goes without saying that I am already looking forward to next year!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
              Permanent Member
              • Mar 7, 2011

Larry it was a pleasure Meeting you... That's the thing about Mego Meet... I've referred to it as a wedding day... It's here and before you know it its 5:00 sat afternoon and it's gone in a blur... And there's always someone you missed saying hello or goodbye to and forgot to go back and get that something you wanted to pickup and then it's all a memory till it happens again... Till the next one...

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

One of the best things about moving the Meet to Chicago was seeing some of the faces that managed to get to Wheeling, but not regularly. Great catching up with you Larry.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎