X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Neca 8": the good, the bad, and the ugly

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just got my Neca 8" Snake Plissken and Pota Soldier Ape.
    I find it very odd that both figures were made by the same company at the same time.

The Soldier Ape is so well made. The fake leather is a work of art, a great headsculpt, all top notch work. I know, he needs a bandolier and the purple is too shiny, but the complete package is a great figure. He's super poseable, as matter of fact, he's so flexible he does the "gorilla crouch" all on his own.
    I love this guy so much, I got two of them.

I wanted to love Snake just as much, but I can't. So if you love your 8" Snake, please look away...
    Headsculpt: who painted this? It's a bland one-tone skin color, not at all like Taylor, for example, who had nice shading. The beard stubble? Honestly, he looks like he took a header in a pile of (deleted).
    Jacket and black top: Come on, is this the best they can do?
    I've never seen such a roughly made outfit. the jacket looks like my blind granny's just made it. My dead blind granny...
    QC must have been on a binge drinking tour during the last check.
    I haven't taken him out of the package yet, but is he missing the zippers in his T-shirt?

This figure will need a lot of work before he's ready for display.

So my question is: Neca, what's up?
    What's with the difference in quality from one figure to another?
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

you said love your 8 inch snake.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GlobalObserver
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 12, 2004

I think Neca did an excellent job on Snake Plissken. For a $25.00 figure, I think it's incredible.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I'm disappointed that NECA isn't making The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly figures now. I was excited for a minute....
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

So far, response to my post is mixed...

Btw, sorry if the title is confusing. I would love Western 8" figures..that don't get banned...
          Last edited by Gorn Captain; Jun 4, '15, 10:45 AM.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            you said love your 8 inch snake.
            I set them up, you score the goal!

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I like both figures but the facial paint job on my Snake figure was way better than what I've seen on others, so there is some inconsistencies. My only issue with the soldier ape is the disco gleam on the sleeves and pants. That's a little too 70's for my taste. More of a matte shade should have been used here and it's hard to understand why they didn't know that upfront since the smaller painted versions don't have that issue.

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

My first Snake Pilskin had a huge glob of superglue behind right knee where pants connects to boot and the knee would not bend.
                I sent it back to BBTS and they sent me another one that is a lot better. The New Freddie Kruegar is my favorite but I could not get myself to buy
                Planet of the Apes figures.The Gorilla is nice but I have no need for Taylor in any of my collections

Comment

• alex
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 15, 2009

Im not as picky as U Guys, I think they are all fantastic. The hands could be slightly better on some, they dont have a grippy hand gun style, just rather flat. They certainly have a lot of wieght and feel like a very sturdy figure, plus all the accesories we are given with each one.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎