X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Broacasting live from Skokie

I spent most of the day with Austin Hough, Kyle Hough and Larry Roberts. We hit the best hotdog place in town and went to a couple of record shops. Cool way to spend an afternoon with some damn cool gentlemen.

The drive was okay. I-65N just before Lafayette is junk. The road is all kinds of awful with divets every 20 yards for a five mile stretch. Then once you're past that, you might get freaked out like I did with all of the wind turbines. Just past Lafayette you'll see a couple of HUGE turbines spinning. Then you see some more, then more and then you're surrounded by them and they're as far as you can see just towering over everything like War of the World tripods. It really was sensory overload and I had to keep my eyes completely on the road.

Also, coming through downtown was awesome. Although it took me over an hour to drive ten miles to the Skokie exit, it was pretty damn cool to be so close to the Sears Tower.

I'm prolly going lights out soon, kinda wiped out from today. Everyone be safe. Chicago traffic is no joke at all. It's everything they say it is and a bit more.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Record shops? Near the hotel?

PS go up to the top of the tower

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

^^ditto that...record shops? if it’s around the block, I would like to check this out. Oh, and whats this Austin fellow you speak of too? ;-)

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
        Supporter of Silliness
        • Jun 20, 2007

Glad to hear you made it in safe with no problems, except for the traffic delays.

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by Donkey Hoatie
          Glad to hear you made it in safe with no problems, except for the traffic delays.
          it was actually easy if I'm bring honest. It could have gone several different directions if bad but the simple fact I didn't stop to use the restroom before hitting city limits made for a rough drive through the city
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

about to board the airplane. Super pumped.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 1, 2005

It was great hanging out with you and Austin and Kyle yesterday, Scott! I had to restrain myself from overspending at the record stores so I can save for the Meet, lol. Looking forward to the weekend, gonna be a lot of fun.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

shout out to Austin for leading two carloads of us out on an excursion today to a Chicago area vintage toy store, and some awesome Deep Dish.

Also, Hot Dog place right across from the hotel might be habit forming.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Ohhhh---you guys are making me SO jealous that I can't be there! Hopefully in 2016...!
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                    Supporter of Silliness
                    • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                    shout out to Austin for leading two carloads of us out on an excursion today to a Chicago area vintage toy store, and some awesome Deep Dish.

Also, Hot Dog place right across from the hotel might be habit forming.
                    If you're talking about Portillo's, you're correct that it's habit-forming. Try the Italian beef sandwich with either sweet or hot peppers and you won't be able to stop thinking about it for days.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

If you're talking about Portillo's, you're correct that it's habit-forming. Try the Italian beef sandwich with either sweet or hot peppers and you won't be able to stop thinking about it for days.
                      Yeah I love Portillo's and agreed, their Italian Beef is amazing! Sadly I'm not in the area :(
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

I've been opting for the Combo... because I couldn't decide between the beef or italian sausage. you can get both
                        combo.jpg

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Record shops... you did not happen to hit Dusty Grooves, did you?

I used to order vinyl from there all the time!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎