PDA

View Full Version : Captain Evil!

ZICA
Jun 2, '15, 4:42 PM
Just wanted to share some concept images of a new character in the Captain Action universe, Captain Evil! An evil clone of Captain Action created by Dr. Evil, Captain Evil will be a formidable foe for Captain Action. I've been asking for feedback on Facebook and so far the winner is version F of the red costume.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Action/Captain%20Evil%20Concepts%20A_zps0w51rgxw.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Action/Captain%20Evil%20Concepts%20B_zpsgvoewibz.jpg

thunderbolt
Jun 2, '15, 4:45 PM
I like the white skinned ones, very Bizarro.

ZICA
Jun 2, '15, 4:54 PM
I like the white skinned ones, very Bizarro.

Actually the skin tone is light blue, but yeah, most people like those versions so far.

PNGwynne
Jun 2, '15, 6:04 PM
I'd say "F" of either version, I'm not decided on red yet--maybe a darker red? I love the concept, though.

Boywonder0
Jun 2, '15, 6:35 PM
Casting my vote for "F" in RED uniform.

Mego Milk
Jun 2, '15, 6:50 PM
F!

I vote for the red F!

enyawd72
Jun 2, '15, 7:50 PM
Red F also....it's the Captain Action version of FAKER!

TRDouble
Jun 2, '15, 8:31 PM
I am a little torn because I like the idea of reversed colors of Captain Action, but that is so cliche too.

I like the red because it is so different and stands out, much like the (cliched) yellow Reverse Flash costume. Just not reverse in this case.

I will vote Red A because I like the idea of Captain Evil being human, unlike Dr. Evil, or a Bizarro, or a MOTU Faker type of character. I prefer a Reverse Flash, Sinestro, Black Adam opposite type of character.

drquest
Jun 2, '15, 8:46 PM
I think he needs a beard, or goatee like evil Spock on Star Trek TOS Mirror Mirror.

EMCE Hammer
Jun 2, '15, 10:03 PM
Red all the way, otherwise it looks too much like the others. Needs to pop.

Random Axe
Jun 2, '15, 10:34 PM
RED F. No question at all. The only suggestion I'd have, and it would require tooling so this is probably not a good idea, would be to reverse the holster and sword and have something other than color be the difference.

Toycade
Jun 2, '15, 11:36 PM
Red F. Loving the concept.

ODBJBG
Jun 3, '15, 12:29 AM
Red F for sure.

ZICA
Jun 3, '15, 8:13 AM
RED F. No question at all. The only suggestion I'd have, and it would require tooling so this is probably not a good idea, would be to reverse the holster and sword and have something other than color be the difference.

Reversing the holsters would actually require new tooling because they're specifically designed for their current placement on the pelvis. It's not easily noticeable from the current images but the head sculpt for Captain Evil is completely different from the one being used on Captain Action. It's important to me that this character be more than a simple paint and logo swap of the Captain Action figure.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Action/Captain%20Action%20Comparison_zpsiysoutmo.jpg

enyawd72
Jun 3, '15, 8:21 AM
When and where is the regular Captain Action figure going to be available for purchase?

ZICA
Jun 3, '15, 8:27 AM
When and where is the regular Captain Action figure going to be available for purchase?

Assuming the Kickstarter is live by the end of July and gets successfully funded I'm hoping to have the figures available by October or November.

Remco Monster
Jun 3, '15, 8:37 AM
F blue

enyawd72
Jun 3, '15, 9:33 AM
Assuming the Kickstarter is live by the end of July and gets successfully funded I'm hoping to have the figures available by October or November.

I'm so confused...I thought this Kickstarter thing had already been going on for like a year? This line was first announced in March 2014.
So it's been 15 months and we're STILL waiting on ONE 3 3/4" figure...it's like the 12" Captain Action costume sets all over again.

I'm beginning to think anything associated with CA is cursed.

Earth 2 Chris
Jun 3, '15, 9:36 AM
Ooh, the Red F is NICE! Reminds me a bit of the evil Batman from the Super Friends episode "Universe of Evil".

Chris

Joshua the Atomic Robot
Jun 3, '15, 10:29 AM
Red F is my favorite. I think it needs the red costume to differentiate it from the regular Captain Action, and the blue skin and solid red eyes say "evil clone" the most to me.

ZICA
Jun 3, '15, 11:38 AM
I'm so confused...I thought this Kickstarter thing had already been going on for like a year? This line was first announced in March 2014.
So it's been 15 months and we're STILL waiting on ONE 3 3/4" figure...it's like the 12" Captain Action costume sets all over again.

What can I say, the best laid plans of mice and men.

enyawd72
Jun 3, '15, 1:40 PM
What can I say, the best laid plans of mice and men.

Well, for your sake I hope it works out. After Buck Rogers and SMDM, you certainly deserve a lucky break.

Tigger
Jun 3, '15, 2:02 PM

That's not how Kickstarter campaigns work anyway. They can't be any longer than 45 days. And if you want to see the CA figures become a reality, you should have been looking for and backing the Kickstarter since you thought it was running. Putting together a KS campaign requires a LOT of behind the scene work and costs a lot of money to get everything together (sculpts/mockups/3D prints/painted prototypes). Instead of complaining, show your support by backing the KS campaign when it goes live like I will!

Hedji
Jun 3, '15, 2:09 PM
Red F also....it's the Captain Action version of FAKER!

I was just going to say that!

enyawd72
Jun 3, '15, 2:20 PM
That's not how Kickstarter campaigns work anyway. They can't be any longer than 45 days. And if you want to see the CA figures become a reality, you should have been looking for and backing the Kickstarter since you thought it was running. Putting together a KS campaign requires a LOT of behind the scene work and costs a lot of money to get everything together (sculpts/mockups/3D prints/painted prototypes). Instead of complaining, show your support by backing the KS campaign when it goes live like I will!

I've shown my support for ZICA by purchasing two of every figure they've produced. If these figures ever get made I'll do the same.

darkbros
Jun 3, '15, 5:47 PM
here's my vote for "F" in RED uniform. 2nd on adding the Goatee....

ZICA
Jun 4, '15, 8:55 AM
Well, for your sake I hope it works out. After Buck Rogers and SMDM, you certainly deserve a lucky break.

Thanks! I'm fairly optimistic the Kickstarter will fund considering what will be offered. I've got a few surprises in the works for it, one of which the MEGO crowd will hopefully like. :smile:

ZICA
Jun 8, '15, 2:37 PM
Here's the official design for Captain Evil!

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Action/Captain%20Evil%20Official_zpswgpbeo91.jpg

JediJaida
Jun 8, '15, 4:29 PM
I liked the blue version better, but this is excellent as well.

I just wish that this was 8".

Hedji
Jun 8, '15, 7:06 PM
I just wish this was 3.75". We all seem to have preferences all over the spectrum. Was polling for scale prior to the crowdfunding ever a consideration?

ZICA
Jun 8, '15, 7:23 PM
I just wish this was 3.75". We all seem to have preferences all over the spectrum. Was polling for scale prior to the crowdfunding ever a consideration?

The scale is 4", which isn't much different than 3.75". Also, I wanted the scale to match what's being done on other modern lines such as G.I. Joe, Marauder Task Force, and the Virtruvian H.A.C.K.S.

Hedji
Jun 8, '15, 8:01 PM
Yes, I know. I'm just picky. I never understood why Hasbro made the modern Joes larger either though. Compatibility is where it's at.

draconianguard
Jun 9, '15, 9:41 AM
The red costume makes me think of Captain Scarlet. Overall, a cool concept!

ZICA
Jun 9, '15, 5:09 PM
The red costume makes me think of Captain Scarlet. Overall, a cool concept!

Funny you should mention that because that's actually where the inspiration for this character came from. Originally I was going to call him Captain Crimson and have him be an ally to Captain Action.

JFAWWE
Jun 18, '15, 6:25 PM
Hi Craig - can't wait for these! Any updates?

Would you consider doing some of the Golden Age Heroes and Villains like the Amazing Heroes line in this style?

Nostalgiabuff
Jun 18, '15, 7:26 PM
looks great Craig. love the pop of the red suit

ZICA
Jun 22, '15, 1:45 PM
Hi Craig - can't wait for these! Any updates?

Would you consider doing some of the Golden Age Heroes and Villains like the Amazing Heroes line in this style?

I'm still working on getting revisions made to the digital sculpts but everything seems to be on schedule for the Kickstarter at the end of July.

Yes, making some of the Golden Age heroes and villains from the Amazing Heroes line in this more modern style is a definite possibility. :smile:

Jeff Cope
Jun 22, '15, 8:44 PM
Yes, making some of the Golden Age heroes and villains from the Amazing Heroes line in this more modern style is a definite possibility. :smile:

ooooohhh. Now that's an exciting bit of news!

Capt Kirk
Jun 25, '15, 5:19 PM
Awesome concept- I would also vote for Red F!

ZICA
Sep 30, '15, 8:30 PM
Card art for Captain Evil!

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Action/Captain%20Evil%20Card%20Art%20low%20res_zpshljrepn t.jpg

Jeff Cope
Sep 30, '15, 10:53 PM
Bring it on!

MIB41
Oct 1, '15, 5:47 AM
I like that. Well done Craig. Of course everything you do is impeccable so this comes as no surprise. I look forward to supporting this line. All my best!

Earth 2 Chris
Oct 1, '15, 6:39 PM
I like it!

Chris