Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Gilligan's Island 8" Figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Thoughts on Gilligan's Island 8" Figures?

Anyone get the Gilligan's Island 8" figures yet? I had BBTS ship out my Pile of Loot, so I am past the point of no return on these, but I still would love to hear what anyone that has them in hand thinks of them.

These will be my first non-Super-Hero or Star Trek Mego or ReMego figures (at least that I can recall).
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

I like them, they are fun. The only problem for me is the shading on the hair paint for Skipper. The paint is white and gray. I would prefer just one color. When these figures are over detailed they look less mego-ish. It is a fine balance. FTC seems to get it right most of the time. For some reason these figures have socks.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 17, 2011

If they were going to do all the cast-a-ways then I grab these, as it is I don't know.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I used to love the show as a kid, but then I grew out of it.

I'd rather get more Supergals, Jonny Quest, or Build Your Own.
        JediJaida

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by drogge
          I like them, they are fun. The only problem for me is the shading on the hair paint for Skipper. The paint is white and gray. I would prefer just one color. When these figures are over detailed they look less mego-ish. It is a fine balance. FTC seems to get it right most of the time. For some reason these figures have socks.
          Thanks!

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

I also got my "8" gilligans Island set ,i bought 2 sets,These are fun,40 odd years ago it would have been a whole lot funner,i watched
            this show on our local syndication channel after school every day,as i did Star trek on the same station.When mego put out the Trek
            figures ,i remember,Wheres Gilligans Island Megos?.At long last FTC made it happen,at least two.I think their great,Bob denvers
            likeness is there ,a bit rounded though,his cap is to large but the clothes are really spot on.The skipper is very nice,although a bit
            to happy(must have seen ginger in a bathing suit).his cap fits very nicely,although it should have been all black.The clothes are
            fantastic on this figure as well.they used their shirt colors for the cards and mostly promotional pics .FTC did a wonderful job.i
            just hope they do the whole cast with a head hunter,and a cap hitting Skipper to beat on his little buddy.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Curious to see Gilligans hat and how it fits his head.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I can't believe how bad Gilligan's hat is. Was no one paying attention?
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

This is FTC we're talking about. Of course not.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I think these figures are good but not great, but not expecting over the top results from FTC,
                    I would though like to see the Professor added, he was my favorite character on the show.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

It's got to be hard talking to these factories and getting everything right. From what I've seen from pictures on Facebook the Skipper is excellent throughout, but Gilligan's hat seats more like a cowboy hat than what was intended. I wonder if the hat issue is identical on the 12 inch versions?

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

Maybe he got the hat from Mrs Howell's closet? It just needs a flower and maybe a veil wrapped around it.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

gilligans cap is very well done in clothe,its just that its to big.they should have sized it better ,like uncle jesse from the dukes line.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tllgn
                            gilligans cap is very well done in clothe,its just that its to big.they should have sized it better ,like uncle jesse from the dukes line.
                            maybe the headsculpt turned out below FTC's usual giant size.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

I received my set today... that hat! Maybe it was made big to hide the so, so head sculpt on Gilligan. I see where they were going with it, but they just did not pull it off.

I will open them and take a better look tomorrow. I want to see how the hat looks with the brim turned up.

The Skipper looks great!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎