X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

100% saved-Lookiing towars this year's Meet

Wasn't sure I was going to get there, but I am happy to save I have reached my "save goal" for Meet spending money and slightly ahead of schedule to boot. Every year I put money in an envelope as much as I can. This year I was determined to not only stuff said envelope but have TWO of them.

This was not easy the past year. A lot has changed since last year's MM in my life mostly due to the company I work for undergoing a merger that people who get paid a lot of money to figure out, didn't figure out properly. So it's been chaos since January. This means the "lock down" or "super save" mode I alternately go into in the January proceeding the Meet has been hard if not impossible. When you're dealing with mentally exhausting chaos during the week it's difficult to say "no" to something cool over the weekend, especially if it's an event I'll know I have lot of fun at. Luckily I began saving early, so there wasn't as much to save later on. It's gratifying knowing that outside of what I call the top two tiers of carded stuff If there's something I need and it's there, I can get it.

In a lot of ways on the collecting front, this is the culmination of things finally coming together. In the early years I went (which can be seen in some of the old threads), while I picked up cool stuff I would often lament my limited budget. In later years as my income would increase and I would come up with a plan to save , the vintage offerings would drop off. Of course my #1 reason for going and the highlight every year is seeing everyone and hanging out but I couldn't help but be slightly disappointed as a collector, often taking home half the money I brought.

This year looks like I am getting the best of both worlds. Not only will the collector be satisfied but I can tell you I have NEVER needed to see friends more than I do right now. While have some have the found location change a challenge, for this year anyway I welcome as a reason to take more time off from work and by driving additional days I will getting away from it all for that much longer. Can't wait!
  • RobTMego
    Career Member
    • Mar 15, 2013

Awesome, can not wait to hangout with you buddy

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
      70's Era Pimp
      • Sep 7, 2011

Glad you will be there!! Looking forward to seeing you

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Great news! I can't wait for Mego Meet myself and look forward to seeing you again.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎