• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

theory question

So;

The discussion about the new Power Girl fig got me thinking; I'd make her with a 7" body... like the Titans. What OTHER characters are best suited for the smaller body? For DC we had the Titans, but are there any Marvel characters who'd use one?

Don C.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Bucky
    Spider-girl(Peter's daughter)

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Most of the New Mutants like Moonstar, Wolfsbane, and Magik would work on the smaller female body. Kitty Pryde, too. Maybe a year one Batgirl, too.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

I bought a pile of Teen Titans scale bodies a few months back and have been working on various things with them...

Contemporary Teen Titans such as Tim Drake Robin in his red and black costume, Conner Kent Superboy with his t-shirt/jeans look, Impulse, and I'm hoping Custom Labs' Brother Blood head will fit on a titans-scale body.

I am putting together a Ray Palmer Atom figure with a Titans body... it just seemed appropriate, although I'm pretty sure Ray was full-height at his "normal" size. Down the line I'd like to do the All New Atom in this scale as well.

I've got a Bucky head in Titans scale that I ordered from Customs Lab.

Wolverine and The Golden Age Atom don't seem "right" on a skinny Titans body... I think they would have to make a unique "stocky" short body for them... perhaps a Doc Mego type-2 style with shortened limbs and torso?

I've found two female dolls that I'm hoping will be good for Teen Titans scale customs of Raven and Wonder Girl from the contemporary Teen Titans line-up.

Ultimate Spiderman would definitely be on a Teen Body.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by ctc
          So;

The discussion about the new Power Girl fig got me thinking; I'd make her with a 7" body... like the Titans. What OTHER characters are best suited for the smaller body? For DC we had the Titans, but are there any Marvel characters who'd use one?

Don C.
          Just curious given her muscular/curvy proportions that she's been depicted with over the years from Wally Wood on forward, why a smaller/skinnier 7" body? Karen Starr was fully grown on her arrival wasn't she? I seem to recall she had a grown-up job in her Showcase appearances.

Linda Lee Silver Age Supergirl I would do at 7" scale since she was a teen when she arrived. Ditto the current belly-top Kara Zor-El.

Was Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr still kids/teens in their superhero forms? If so, I think they would be Titans scale.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Few more I thought of: Merry girl of 1000 gimmicks, Harley Quinn, Spitfire, any Legion of Superheroes girl member in the silver age style
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Any version of Robin should be on a LR body. I did my Burt Ward custom on one and I'll probably do Kato on one as well
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

>Peter was at his full height when the spider bit him, as shown in the earliest Spider-Man issues.

Spidey's kinda tricky 'cos Spiderman was always drawn the same height as everyone else... but Peter was occasionally drawn a bit shorter than those around him. (Maybe he slouches?)

>Wolverine belongs on a teen sized body (he is officially 5' 3").

Yup! I was gonna make a new torso though; since he's kinda muscular.

>The New Mutants should be runty enough to use these too. Rick Jones should be easy enough to do.

More good exampls! But Cannonball was drawn taller than everyone else; would it look right with him on an 8" bod and everyone else on shorter ones?

>Then there's the Mole Man who being short and dumpy should use a child body.

Hmmmm.... you could almost use a Hulk bod for him.

>Karen Starr was fully grown on her arrival wasn't she? I seem to recall she had a grown-up job in her Showcase appearances.

It seems to depend on who drew her; but a lot of the time she seemed more in scale with the younger characters, such as the Super Squad appearances.

>why a smaller/skinnier 7" body?

Shorter; I have a "T2" female 7" body in the works too.

>Was Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr still kids/teens in their superhero forms? If so, I think they would be Titans scale.

Good point! I think most of the time they were drawn as smaller than average. (Laurie also made a fantastic Mary Marvel head that'd work on a modified 7" bod....)

>Merry girl of 1000 gimmicks, Harley Quinn, Spitfire, any Legion of Superheroes girl member in the silver age style

Good points; now, what about the original Legion? (Not just the females.) Like most teen heroes in the 60's they were drawn just like adults, but a little smaller. Sometimes.

Surprised nobody said Superboy. Or is everyone still mad at him for what he did to reality?

Don C.

Comment

• Customslab

i think the best way is to be cutting the legs on a full size megos for most of these people tt body way 2 small for wolver. power girl no full size body with legs cut down to make her shorter it would be more work but more in correct scale than putting on a tt body imo

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

I duno,.. I don't think PG is a head smaller than Sups,.. 8inch body for me.
                    Last edited by BlackKnight; May 31, '07, 10:23 PM. Reason: entered the wrong size.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>I did consider making a Changeling figure, but decided that the white hands/gloves would be too hard/expensive to obtain. There's Sandy, and Dan the Dyna-mite, if you can get around the gloves problem.

I like using coloured hands with cloth cuffs for gloves. Looks pretty good AND they can hold weapons.

>There's also Kamandi.

YEAH! There's a good one!

>tt body way 2 small for wolver

Depends who's drawing him. He's SUPPOSED to be 5'2". Since the 90's he's usually portrayed as being regular sized.

>power girl no full size body with legs cut down to make her shorter it would be more work but more in correct scale than putting on a tt body imo

Chopping legs isn't too tough. I make repro bods, so for a slightly taller fig I've got slightly longer calves. For shorter characters it'd be best to chop down the thighs.

Power Girl sorta has the Wolverine problem. I was just reading the old Super Squad appearances; and they USUALLY draw her and the Star Spangled Kid about a head shorter than everyone else. (And HE'S supposed to be 20.) There are even a few issues where she's a head shorter than the Kid.

Don C.

Comment

• Customslab

yea 5'2 4'10 but his body thickness is bigger than even most heros so to make him that much shorter on a tt body wouldn't look correct check out bks group photo he cut down wolv. in it yea i do have all the x-men comics on dvd-r so i do know what your talking about

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by ctc
                          >

>tt body way 2 small for wolver

Depends who's drawing him. He's SUPPOSED to be 5'2". Since the 90's he's usually portrayed as being regular sized.
                          I blame Hugh Jackman. There was some controversy a while back around how certain artists were drawing Wolverine a few years ago and editorial pressure to make him more like the movie version and less like a hairy little caveman.

Darick Robertson's artwork on the Wolverine reboot #1 was the main one that was singled out, but I believe Frank Quitely on New X-Men was probably also given some editorial guidance given the slight shift in appearance on his Wolverine on that title (which went through a half dozen artists).

I do like the fact that Phil Jiminez specifically drew Wolverine short, and it was evident in his scenes with Jean Grey.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Meule
                            Any version of Robin should be on a LR body.

YUP! That's definately the one I'd pick...Robin should be 7"scale.
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

couple more shorter female suggestions: Carrie Kelly Robin from DKR and the current Star Spangled Kid.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎