Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will ALL 8" DC WGSH FEMALES have SAME Super Gals HEAD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Will ALL 8" DC WGSH FEMALES have SAME Super Gals HEAD?

This has me worried. FTC 8" Lois Lane's head looks same as FTC 8" Wonder Woman and Supergirl.

I fear FTC 8" Starfire, Raven, Mary Marvel, Harley Quinn, etc will have SAME Super Gals head only with different paint and hair!

Don't tell me this will carry over to FTC Hanna Barbara females- Daphne (Scooby Doo), Penelope Pitstop, Teen Angels, Jana of the Jungle (which got me thinking about FTC Jane, Tarzan's wife!)

FTC Super Friends Jayna prototype head is an original sculpt (with plastic hair)

I am all for the charming quality of Mego, but the females need to look different! Like Mego did with Invisible Girl! And yes I wish Mego Isis looked like Joanna Cameron!
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

You've got to stop worrying so much. It's causing you to obsessively start thread after thread after thread...................

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

It could be worse they could repaint Daisy Duke and use that head for Starfire.
      FTC has the Invisible Woman head and I don't think WGH Catwoman and Batgirl are not
      the same as Wonderwoman but I wan't a green skinned Yvonne Craig unmasked variant

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

I think they just did Lois like that to keep her in line with the Original Mego figures. I am truly hoping that the coming heads will be more realistic.

I definitely can't see them using the same basic style for the females in the 66 line. After what I read about them promising Yvonne Craig about the quality of the upcoming Batgirl figure, I'm even feeling more like they may be working on a new body.

At least that is the hope.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jeffbearco
          After what I read about them promising Yvonne Craig about the quality of the upcoming Batgirl figure, I'm even feeling more like they may be working on a new body.

At least that is the hope.

JeffBearCO

That's good to hear.
          sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

I think any of the figures that are supposed to go with the original Megos will likely have the same or similar styled head. Now, if the more comic based figures we've heard rumors of are a significantly different style than classic Mego, we may see more individualized female heads on those. I definitely don't see them using the standard head on the Batman '66 figures, and more than they are using it in the Dukes line, which is more like the '66 line than the original Mego versions (though, in the case of Daisy, ANY head would have been better than trying to ape the abomination of the original. The other figures are quite removed from their Mego predecessors, and if any figure needed to be different from the original, it was Daisy).

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

Supergirl,Wonder women ,Jane ,and soon Lois lane all look like sisters .Supermans girl friend looking like his cousin and JLA friend Wonder women.
              Holy Double trouble
              "very wrigley"-Ralph wiggum.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by tllgn
                Supergirl,Wonder women ,Jane ,and soon Lois lane all look like sisters .Supermans girl friend looking like his cousin and JLA friend Wonder women.
                Holy Double trouble
                "very wrigley"-Ralph wiggum.
                But honestly, that's pretty true to the Mego era in comics. A lot of characters were drawn with basically the same face and a different hairstyle and costume, both male and female.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by megomania
                  You've got to stop worrying so much. It's causing you to obsessively start thread after thread after thread...................
                  More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎