X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Will FTC make 18" Batman 66?

If FTC 18" DC Megos sell well will FTC make 18" Batman 66 figures and other DC properties 18"?

NECA makes 18" Batman 66 but all plastic except capes. Tonner even has a Batman 66 doll line- West, Newmar, and Yvonne Craig is next!

2 years ago when FTC announced Batman 66 license FTC said there would be 8" and 12" figures. Hot Toys got 12" license.

FTC can do best job on 18" Batman 66.
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Only problem I see is the competition from NECA; exact same scale and basically the same price, most likely. I guess it would come down to which style a particular collector would prefer, but I can say the sculpted Batman and Robin NECA put out are going to be hard to beat. They are EXTREMELY well done.

Honestly, the 18" scale only interests me for figures like Apache Chief, Colossal Boy or other giant sized characters that could be used with the 8" lines. Only exception would likely be an 18" Green Lantern, just because, well, it's Green Lantern.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

do the licenses split hairs between Mego style and action figure style? 18 inch might be locked down by Neca if the scale is the only thing that matters and not the format.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Style has to make a difference, otherwise Mezco wouldn't have been able to make a 6" cloth costumed Dark Knight Batman when Mattel and DC Collectibles still have the rights to make figures in that scale. It would basically be the same sort of difference between FTC and NECA's 18" style.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

That would be cool, along with a smaller Robin 66, like 14" style.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎