Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today...Scooby Doo meets Batman and Robin!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Today...Scooby Doo meets Batman and Robin!

I was REALLY wowed by Derek's (MegoSpidey) Scooby Doo custom series for the 1978 project:

Submission: Scooby Doo - Mego Talk

Looking at those Scooby figures reminded me that I had a Scooby figure I used with my Megos back in the early 80s. I got the figure from King's Island amusement park near Cincinnati. King's Island had a "Hanna-Barbera" section for younger kids, complete with shops and exclusive swag. I bought Scooby, Scrappy, Fred Flinstone, Barney Rubble, Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound figures there one year. I'm guessing it was 1982 or 83 as Scrappy is marked 82. Scooby is marked 1980 (as are the rest) but no manufacturer is mentioned, just the HB copyright.

Anyway, I wanted to post pics of him with some Megos, but my son had him in the vast tomb that is his closet. He unearthed him today, so I thought I'd share, and I didn't want to usurp Derek's thread and take away from his outstanding work. Scobby's a bit big, but he is supposed to be large (he's a Great Dane after all). I think he still works pretty well, and isn't far off from what Mego would have done with the character.

Here's Scooby with two guys he's been known to hang out with.

And just for kicks, Scoob with his out-of-proportioned nephew. The figure is an in-scale representation of Scrappy's ego.

Chris
    sigpic
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

I likes him! He needs to be photographed with my Scooby gang this Summer at Megomeet.

Pm'ed you Chris.

Comment

• jayihdz
      aaaggghhhh!
      • Mar 6, 2007

Scooby dooby doooo.......I like it.

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

VERY VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! Could the Scooby Doo be made by Daikin?
        They made Disney, Smoky The Bear and I think Hanna Barbera figures like Yogi Bear ect.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Well, that will put a smile on your face, for sure! Thank you!

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

VERY VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! Could the Scooby Doo be made by Daikin?
            They made Disney, Smoky The Bear and I think Hanna Barbera figures like Yogi Bear ect.
            From what I've seen of the Daikin figures, these are very similar, so they could be made by them. Many times these amusement park exclusives have no manufacturing marks.

I have the others stored away right now. They aren't really Mego sized as they are scaled out larger. Scobby's kind of his own sub-catergory. If I ever dig them out, I'll post pics over in Classic Toys.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎