X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Off topic (kinda) Different MARVEL figure scales with different companies

Hasbro makes 4", 6", 12", and even 31" Marvel figures, but does the license cover any other scales?

DST/EMCE can make 8" Marvel under TIGHT restrictions

Sideshow got 12" Marvel license last summer and can make any comic book Marvel character I believe.
    *Same with Hot Toys and 12" MOVIE Marvel characters!

NECA make 18" MOVIE Marvel figures but will NECA ever make 18" COMIC BOOK Marvel?

That leaves FTC. When FTC developed an 18" Mego body for the 18" DC figures I thought FTC could at least get Marvel license for 18" figures! An 18" ALL Fantastic 4 wave! DROOL!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

and don't you think that EMCE would be doing a regular 25 buck Marvel line if they could? Hasbro isn't going to allow another company to do figures in a price range competing with its Legends and movie figures, that is why EMCE can only manufacture a high priced set and not regular priced repro's. Neca has the 18 inch scale covered, so I doubt anyone else would do it. The 18 inch line probably won't have legs to get past this initial offering.
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Apr 23, '15, 2:42 AM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

The local comic shop in my area has the EMCE MARVEL 8" Spiderman and Capt Americas in stock ,It looks like he has not sold any Spidey sets since the last few times
      I visited . 4 sets of Spidey unless he has more in back not sure they would even carry 18" figures. My favorite Wall Mart is choking on New Marvel legends on and end cap
      and with other action figures. Scarlet Witch,Hawkeye, Thor, Ms. Marvel ,Iron fist with build a figure at $20.00 each collecting dust for a couple months now.
      Maybe the market is getting over saturated with Marvel toys in my area

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

^Wish I had that Wal-Mart...I've been looking for Scarlet Witch to no avail. Time to replace that butt-ugly Toy Biz one!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎