X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Let's talk Ruby-Spears specifically!

I am sure FTC Hanna Barbara license includes Ruby Spears cartoons which HB owns!

Thundarr the Barbarian- EVERBODY wants this one! Thundarr, Princess Ariel, and Ookla! Kirby villians! Horses might be a stretch! Awesome show!

Plastic Man Comedy Hour- Plastic Man, Penny, Hula Hula, Chief, and BABY PLAS! Fangface, Fangs, Fangpuss, and Baby Fangs! Maybe not Mighty Man and Yuck world's ugliest dog!

Goldie Gold and Action Jack and Nugget! Flying limo too expensive?

Turbo Teen! Car of course and 2 kids and dog! Bigfoot truck enemy?

Mr T and Alvin and the Chimpmunks are probably off-limits! And Super Video Arcade!

What else?
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Rubik's Cube,I believe was a Ruby-Spears cartoon.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Thought I was the only on to remember Turbo Teen. And, yes, I'd probably pick up figures and the cars, though I think the monster truck, Dark Rider, would be hard to do if they can't make something with real wheels.

Another one would be Mr. T. We might need a slightly beefier body, something between the regular and Hulk (which would be an excellent thing to have anyway), and they'd need to likely get his individual rights (the rest of the characters were RS created), but it would be nice to have an 8" Mr. T for any reason (if he does well, they might be tempted to go after A-Team rights).

I'm pretty sure something like Centurions is off the table, as that was Kenner toy related and, though Mego versions of the main heroes are possible, it's not something you could do for mass production.

I do think Thundarr is the main want for most folks, and I would love to see them do the horses there. Two would be just horses (and have some good re-use possibilities), but having Ookla's odd horse creature in figure form would be great (and Ookla is another character who would benefit from a beefier body, as well).

Comment

• Type Two
        Career Member
        • Sep 20, 2010

Great to see all the Thundarr love!

As for other RS properties, it is really tough to find any originals from them since they handled so many licenses.

Their video game properties would be great if the ownership could be tracked down. Dirk Daring and Pitfall! Harry figures on the same shelf would be amazing!
        Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

How could I forget Ruby-Spears 1988 Superman cartoon?! I liked those character models better than 1996 Superman: The Animated Series! Bodies were more proportionate!

Best episode of RS Superman was "Superman and Wonder Woman vs Sorceress of Time"! BEST animated Wonder Woman yet!

Loved the scrapbook segments at end of episodes that followed Superman from baby to public debut as Superman!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎