X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

What have other people Pre-Ordered?

I just broke down and pre-ordered the Justice League version of Green Arrow. I like the more comic book accurate version of the costume and think it will display nicely next to the Original Mego GA and definitely show up the Mattel version.

This made me curious what other figures have people pre-ordered at this point?

What are you looking forward to pre-ordering that we have actually heard about?

JeffBearCO
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

nothing, I have no interest in the Mego repro's or variants. I might get Sivana eventually, especially if Batman 66 wave 4 ships around the same time.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

Ditto... Saving my money for Original figures... Not interested in Different card art and Suit Variants.

Comment

• drogge
        Career Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

I'll buy the JLA. I like the changes to the costumes, plus the new JLA figures will mirror these version with design and style.

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I don't think I will be ordering anymore JLA figures. I'm expecting if they expand that line, it will just be to repackage the Super Friends figures. I'll hold off on ordering any of the Super Friends figures until after I see what they do with Wonder Woman. If she is in pajamas again, I will probably not buy any of them. I have one figure like that and don't want any more.

I'm not sure which version of the Green Arrow costume they will use for the Super Friend's repackaging, so that is a gamble on my part. I suspect it will be the original Mego version though.

So, I guess that shows that I'm expecting every new figure in the Super Friend's line that has not been made before to come out almost identically in the JLA line, just a different card. We shall see.

I'm pretty much expecting Cyborg to be in the Super Friend's, JLA and Teen Titans lines as the same figure with a different card. Holy Variants Batman!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

From what they showed with Robin, it looks like Super Friends will be all new designs and sculpts using the 66 style boots and gloves as opposed to oven mitts.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

Yep, but once they branch into Hawkman, Green Lantern, Flash and other new characters I expect them to be repackaged for both lines. A SF Green Lantern will pretty much be a JLA GL with no costume changes, unless they make "New 52" versions of the costumes. And actually I'd be all for that. I'd love to display the Original Mego next to a Super Friend's version, next to a 70's version next to a New 52 Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. If they do the new versions right!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• megonaught
                Career Member
                • Jan 29, 2008

I preordered Batman cause i liked his look.
                Thought about doing GA and Aquaman as well.
                Action Jackson is his name.
                Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                  Yep, but once they branch into Hawkman, Green Lantern, Flash and other new characters I expect them to be repackaged for both lines. A SF Green Lantern will pretty much be a JLA GL with no costume changes, unless they make "New 52" versions of the costumes. And actually I'd be all for that. I'd love to display the Original Mego next to a Super Friend's version, next to a 70's version next to a New 52 Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. If they do the new versions right!

JeffBearCO
                  See, I don't think the JLA and Superfriends designs will be interchangeable. They will have different style boots and gloves for sure. And I'd rather buy Justin Beiber than new52 stuff.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I only have the 8-Inch Gilligan & Skipper, and the 18" Batman pre-ordered.

I would have ordered some of the new characters on the Kresge Cards, but the only place selling them as singles is FTC. Same for the Justice League, which I haven't decided on whether I just want a few or all of them. I can definitely do without Superman and Wonder Woman, but if it makes sense to get the set, money-wise, I just might.

With the rehashes, retailers have finally figured out the best way to sell these is in sets. Most retailers; some had it figured out already.

So I may pre-order Dr. Sivana and maybe Mr. Mxyzptlk (because he is a more, true repro) from FTC.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

I have a few pre-orders ,Gilligans Island '8',Shemp,JLA-whole set (i like the looks of these),The whole set of Kresge figures all 12, the dukes 2nd series.
                      and ill certainly pre-order the super friends,Scooby-doo,and future Bats 66 & Other worlds greatest heros,Still thinking about the monkees & maybe
                      a "18" Figure or two,Not into Harry Potter,but would love other hanna barbera figures.And of course from EMCE the marvel figures,Wolverine is on
                      pre-order,with so much other future figures its gonna come down to pick and choose because of cost & space.

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

^^^also not into Kiss.thats a pass ,Not into those saturday night figures or mike tyson,Bluntman & chronic or penny Dreadful.

Comment

• tiinacat
                          Museum Patron
                          • Feb 4, 2015

Jla complete Gilligans island Shemp (haven't ordered any other stooges waiting for my birthday!) 18 Giant Superman Dukes

Will order super friends Hana Barbara (but only action show figures ) Krege figures that were released only in superpowers fist fighting form, want some regular ones and really like the art on the cards. monkees two waves as well.

like everyone else can't wait for next batman, batman 66 wish lines

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Surprisingly I haven't pre-ordered anything for 2015. There is SO MUCH coming out, I've decided to fall back and pick based on what looks really good off the production line. Lots of neat things to be sure, but I want to see the final product. PLUS I don't want to blow a wad of money only to find out I would have preferred something else coming down the pike. A good example is the 18 inch figures. The RC Batman is conspicuously missing since there is a RM Robin in the mix. He's one of my all time favorite Megos. Without the RC Batman, I'm not likely to take the dive on that scale. With him, I might collect the first four heroes in the series like in my youth. I'll likely fall for all of the Scooby Doo line. Hanna Barbara will be a fun trip and of course I'm waiting to see what they do next on KISS and Batman '66. It's a nice dilemma to have, but I'll be plunking down the cash nonetheless. Just being a little more practical since so much is being talked about every week. To say it's overwhelming is an understatement.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

They come out with so much stuff you can barely keep up, can't get everything when you have to budget watch,
                              but I will most likely pick up the wave two Superman set, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and Perry White.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎