X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

DC Bombshells

I'd actually LOVE to see them do a mego version of the DC Bombshells statues.

Bring back the classy but sexy art of the pin-up girl with Poison Ivy, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Stargirl, and more! These DC Bombshells Statues feature colorful designs showcasing your favorite ladies from DC Comics. Based on the art of Ant Lucia and sculpted by Tim Miller, these scintillating statues are worth adding to every collection. […]

Have other people seen these and been impressed?

JeffBearCO
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Those Bombshells statues don't really evoke the Mego aesthetic,IMO. Bad fit.

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

I like the idea, but Mego female bodies don't really shout bombshells. They would also need detailed head sculpts and hair dos.

But if FTC makes them and they look good, I'd love to add them to my collection

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

I think the Tonner figures just announced show that the Bombshells might be better released as regular sculpted figures by DC Collectibles; the translation into fabric doesn't look all that great at 16". Half the size would likely do little better:

The promo shots popping up on e-tailer sites look tempting, but this looks like it falls short of those pics. It's not that bad, but it's not particularly good, either. Plus, we haven't seen how FTC would handle tall, over the knee boots like that in an 8" scale, or get the scarf to flow right.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

The Mattel ReAction body would work better with these designs for sure.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Or the Zica female.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              The Mattel ReAction body would work better with these designs for sure.

Chris
              Yes. This is why FTC needs to update their female body. Imagine what it could do for the Batman 66 license females.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I hope that is what is delaying Catwoman and Batgirl from being added to the line. CTVT needs to update all its body styles and work towards ditching the rubber bands, too.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^^^ Or the Zica female.
                  True dat. But I was just going by someone who had the DC license. I'd love to see Zica get a license for high-end 8" DC characters!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^ CTVT could pay Zica/Castaway to use the body.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Neither of the other bodies would be better. The Mattel bodies were horribly constructed and knock-kneed. The Zica body looks okay, but I see some major problems once you start putting a costume on it. The figure looks good nekkid, but the proportions don't look to allow for much going on it. Boots are going to look enormous on the feet, the neck looks thick, which is going to make the Supergirl scarf hard to do, and the midsection looks likes it's going to bulk up really fast. Think about the Supergirl, and layering the top, the skirt and the corset with the "S" on it over that waistline. There's a reason the Barbie doll has such a ludicrously tiny waist: at this scale, the thickness of each layer of clothing adds up fast. The standard Mego female has some of the same problem around the waist with that ball joint, so I don't see any real advantage here to the Zica body. Add in the double joints at the elbows and knees, which rarely look right, especially on a female figure, when bent (they'd likely look really odd under those over the knee boots), and I wouldn't count on the end result being too great.

The Zica female looks like they basically scaled down a Cy Girl body, but didn't account for the even smaller scale or some of the accommodations the Cy Girl's made to clothing at small scale (especially the way they did the boot feet). The Mego body lacks some of the definition and shape you'd really need to pull off some of these Bombshells. And the Mattel body lacks basically anything that would make it work for pretty much anything. What we'd need is basically an 8" Cy Girl version 1 body with a wasp waist and tiny feet you can put a boot over. And compatible with the standard Mego heads.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎