X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

We need proper fedoras!

I'd love to see FTC produce properly-sized fedoras--thinly-molded, well-sculpted--in multiple colors.

It's something they could use on Clark Kent, the Spirit, Phantom Stranger, Gray Ghost, Sandman--and customizers use on Indy, Green Hornet, Dick Tracy, the Shadow, etc.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

No dice. I asked MICKEY (our resident "in the know" dude) to ask FTC about this very thing. However mine was selfishly wanting the chimp Bear from B.J. and the..decked out in Fedora and sport coat. I assumed Mickey knew Bear was named after legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant who was known for wearing....you guessed it...a fedora.

Mickey flat-out said he was confident this wasn't going to happen. I'm bummed. (But hoping he still asks, cause he's got their ear!)

-Chris

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by megomania
      No dice. I asked MICKEY (our resident "in the know" dude) to ask FTC about this very thing. However mine was selfishly wanting the chimp Bear from B.J. and the..decked out in Fedora and sport coat. I assumed Mickey knew Bear was named after legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant who was known for wearing....you guessed it...a fedora.

Mickey flat-out said he was confident this wasn't going to happen. I'm bummed. (But hoping he still asks, cause he's got their ear!)

-Chris

Hang on I said no way on the Chimp Monkey from BJ and the Bear with a Fedora Suit combo figure. As far as the Hat goes that may come into play at a later date!

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Before we get Fedoras....we need a Humphrey Bogart head first.
        sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Or a proper Indiana Jones head....
          JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Or the Question, Phantom Stranger, The Shadow
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

I think the existing hat mold is taken from the vinyl LJN Mr. Fuji figure from the 80's. I recall picking up a bunch of those figures on closeout at KB toys just for the hat. The look of the hat is pretty good, but a thinner version would make it look and fit better.

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

not good enough?

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Those are nice, but they are more Singin in the Rain, less Indiana Jones.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Not crazy about them, no.

Mego did headwear pretty well & these recasts don't compare.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megowgsh
                      not good enough?

The only thing they would work for is the Green Hornet and of course they don't have green. The brim is way to short for guys like the Shadow.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, not a big fan of these either, would of been good if they had it in green, which would have worked for
                        Green Hornet, I don't see it in red either although not sure who or what it could be used for?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

be great for your NKOTB customs

Not so great for Indy.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            The only thing they would work for is the Green Hornet and of course they don't have green. The brim is way to short for guys like the Shadow.
                            But then we're getting into a different kind of hat; the Shadow's headgear isn't a fedora. The term I've heard is "slouch hat." It's similar as far as the body of the hat goes, but, as you point out, it has a wider brim.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Oh, I know an Indy hat would be off for the Shadow, but it would be a lot closer than what they are passing off as one.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎