Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman doll on the way!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dchero66
    • Jan 18, 2009

Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman doll on the way!

I saw yesterday that a 16" Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman doll is on the way in August - not by Robert Tonner whom I would have expected this from, but by Madame Alexander. While there's obviously been no attempt to sculpt the doll to look like her, they've simply painted their generic adult 'fashion' head for resemblance, and Tonner would have done a better execution (in my opinion), I'll still take this! This is the first thing even close to that since Mego's 1970's 12" version, which Lynda got no royalties from. I'm sure this will make up for it, given the price point. While a very different product than the majority of what we collect and talk about, it's still 'mego-esque' given the subject matter and era.

Bronze Age Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman plastic and vinyl doll inspired by her appearance in Seasons 2 and 3 of The New Adventures of Wonder Woman television series which aired on CBS from 1977-1979 and the DC Comics Wonder Woman '77 digital comic series (2015), featuring hand-painted facial features with imprinted details, black saran rooted hair, black saran applied eyelashes, and a tailored costume including red and blue satin bodysuit with white imprinted stars, gold mylar tiara with red imprinted star, gold mylar breastplate and belt with gold-tone metal rivets and functional lasso strap, silver mylar bracelets with silver-tone metal loop closure, gold cord lasso, shimmery nylon tights, and red vinyl boots with white satin trim. Non-numbered Limited Edition.
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Why bother calling this a Lynda Carter version?
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

This, along with the forthcoming Hallmark Ornament and comic series, are all good signs that we will likely see Lynda Carter figures in the formats that interest us. I'd stay tuned.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

It's not bad, but really looks more like a decent custom than a professional figure. And the bracelets are wrong (they look gold), as well as the hair. Without the likeness, it's not really a TV WW. At least Mego's spindly attempt actually had a mild resemblance in the sculpt.

I do hope with the classic series getting a higher profile, that one of the future FTC Friday announcements is for a TV WW. Most of the '66 Bat likenesses have been good to great (only Shame is majorly off), so I think they could give us a decent Lynda Carter.

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

The metal work on the chest piece is actually pretty good.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by jeffbearco
            The metal work on the chest piece is actually pretty good.

JeffBearCO
            That part they did get correct for the 70's version (compared to the different, more classic design of the '40s costume from the first season).

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 11, 2014

Just Plain Horrible!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                Just Plain Horrible!
                FTC's baggy pajama WW is worse.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

It would be cool to get FTC to do remegos of Lynda Carter Wonder Woman ,Chris Reeves Superman , Michael Keaton 89 Batman and movie Swamp Thing

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    FTC's baggy pajama WW is worse.

No its not. Plus FTC'S WW is a 1970's Mego remake and for $25.00. This Madame Alexander is a $200.00 UNATTRACTIVE Monster that has zero to do with Lynda Carter!

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

Well now all FTC can do is make its own Lynda Carter Wonder Woman Mego!

Comment

• johnpauljones
                        • Oct 13, 2007

That would be a cool Lynda Carter WW if it, you know, looked like Lynda Carter.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                          No its not. Plus FTC'S WW is a 1970's Mego remake and for $25.00. This Madame Alexander is a $200.00 UNATTRACTIVE Monster that has zero to do with Lynda Carter!
                          Mego's WW was pretty horrible too. 25 dollar monster or 200 dollar monster. At least the 200 dollar one has a better costume.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

I like the old retro baggy suit Wonderwoman that mego did because it was my first female figure as a kid and she added to my MEGO JLA.
                            I do think that FTC could take the WGH Catwoman suit and add stars and stripes to it and get rid of tail and collar. The WGH catwoman body suit fits better than pajama
                            style Wonderwoman

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

I never had Mego 8" Wonder Woman as a kid but FTC 8" WW is growing on me. I wish FTC would reissue Mego 12" Wonder Woman painted top my favorite Mego 12"! Maybe an 18" version?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎