Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will FTC ever do more Secret Identity figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Will FTC ever do more Secret Identity figures?

So far, we have Batman, Robin, and now Superman.

Do you think FTC will ever do more Secret Identity figures and if so, who?

A Billy Batson to go with Captain Marvel would be cool.

If they do Superboy, I think a young Clark would be an easy one! I fully expect to see this one since it would only be one new head sculpt.

My personal hope would be for an Oliver Queen to go with Green Arrow!

I'd love to see them do a Diana Prince but unless they do a Linda Carter version of Wonder Woman, it would look a lot like the current Lois Lane, and that would be disappointing to me. Maybe if they do a re-sculpt of Wonder Woman for the Super Friends line with real hair and removable tiara, it would be close enough to at least warrant a custom Diana Prince. LOTS of hope going out to the Super Friends WW!

Anyway, just thoughts for now the end my work day. hehehe

JeffBearCO
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

I want:

Diana Prince military uniform like Mego 12" Wonder Woman came with!
    7" Billy Batson
    Barbara Gordon- CTVT has a red hair female head on its site, how hard can it be?
    Barry Allen- white lab coat
    Hal Jordan- flight suit

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I'd really like to see a lot more heroes and villains before we get more civilians. As of right now in the WGSH line there's Bizarro and Alfred as new figures. There has been hardly any new ground covered in this line, mostly just variant after variant. Perry White and co. don't have me all that excited either. Let's see Hawkman, Scarecrow, Harley, GL and so on before we get more guys in civilian clothes.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Thunderbolt, I'm with you. However, If characters like GL, Flash, Wonder Woman, get their own waves, I wouldn't mind a secret ID figure as one of the 4 in a wave. Otherwise, do secret IDs down the line or perhaps in a two-pack with their costumed iD. Same with girl and boy friends. Steve Trevor in a military uniform I'd buy if only for the uniform. Not sure I'd buy Carol Ferris or Iris West. But if FTC produced more Female clothes, I might kitbash them.

Individual waves for B characters doesn't seem to be the route FTC is going with the Shazam characters spread across three Kresge waves.

It'd be great to see all the satellite era JLA and Teen Titans over the next year as well as some the villains.
        Last edited by madmarva; Mar 24, '15, 8:04 PM.

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

Not to hijack a thread that I started, but Flash villains could take over! Batman and Flash have the best rouges galleries of just about anyone else in comic book history! I'd love to see them do as many of them as they can. But I could easily see a Flash wave with 3 villains and then a Barry wave with 3 more villains! If the rest of the Teen Titans come out in 8" format, I'd like to see them revisit Kid Flash as an 8" figure.

I still think a Batman wave with nothing but different versions of Robin could be cool and a good seller. They are already planning an original scale Titans Robin and a Nightwing. Then a Jason Todd, Tim Drake and Damian Wayne. Different sizes and costumes. Robin was always a popular character.

I'd also like to see them revisit an 8" Wonder Girl in the black starfield outfit, 8" Arsenal, and 8" Tempest.

JeffBearCO
          Last edited by jeffbearco; Mar 24, '15, 6:38 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I would like a few other SI: Billy Batson, Barbara Gordon, & esp. Diana Prince. Regarding Diana, I'd like to see the traditional Gals head with glasses and hair pulled back in a bun, just my opinion. I suppose they could also do a nurse version.

I wouldn't rule out Oliver Queen, Barry Allan, Katar Hol. and Hal Jordan, but as noted above they could be in character-specific waves.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

lol I can think of at least four good villains for each DC heros--will FTC run that deep?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• nobody
                banjo!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                lol I can think of at least four good villains for each DC heros--will FTC run that deep?
                They are playing so far in the shallow end of the kiddie pool.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by madmarva
                  Thunderbolt, I'm with you. However, If characters like GL, Flash, Wonder Woman, get their own waves, I wouldn't mind a secret ID figure as one of the 4 in a wave. Otherwise, do secret IDs down the line or perhaps in a two-pack with their costumed iD. Same with girl and boy friends. Steve Trevor in a military uniform I'd buy if only for the uniform. Not sure I'd buy Carol Ferris or Iris West. But if FTC produced more Female clothes, I might kitbash them.

Individual waves for B characters doesn't seem to be the route FTC is going with the Shazam characters spread across three Kresge waves.

It'd be great to see all the satellite era JLA and Teen Titans over the next year as well as some the villains.

If they did Carol in her Star Sapphire outfit first,I'd buy that then her in a regular outfit.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

The Doc Mego Mattel line got a lot deeper into the DCU than FTC WGH has, over a dozen new characters not covered by Mego.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I did pull out my Mattel figures the other night and every one of them has severe scoliosis. I have kept all of them in their original packaging though because ... tradition. But they all display like crap now. So FTC looks a LOT better in comparison.

(Wonder Woman still looks great though. And I got 2, one that I actually took out of the package! *gasp* Please take note FTC!)

FTC also wins with their clam shells that let you fix issues like that without ruining the packaging. If I could, I'd open the Mattel cases, replace all of the bodies, and then reseal them. But ... tradition.

And back to the SI figures, would a Katar Hol figure basically look a lot like an Indiana Jones figure? There were definitely consistency issues, but I remember him mostly as an archeologist and museum curator. That would be COOL! Plus having a Gentleman Ghost figure would ROCK!

JeffBearCO
                      Last edited by jeffbearco; Mar 25, '15, 9:10 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

I think they'll go as deep as sales warrant. And if they can get away with reusing an existing sculpt here or there by changing hair color, I think that makes a given character more likely.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

Matty did a lot of charectors but I can't even stand looking at them
                          ( except Wonder Woman)and I have like 2 or 3 of each loose. There was no fun for me trying to collect those but the FTC WGH are fun to collect so I hope they do Jonn Jonzz
                          Black Canary,Atom and Hawkgirl

Comment

• Vinny0026
                            Year Five!!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

I personally love the side characters

I would not want them at the expense of the Heroes – But they are a welcomed edition. (Example: I want a Jimmy Olsen, but not if it is at the expense of not getting a Green Lantern - Ideally we will get both)

I have customs of characters like Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen, Alfred and Jimmy Olsen etc.. in my own collection – I would love to see to see these figures made.
                            Hopefully we will get them and the Supers we want – not 1 or the other.

IMO I kind of think its good marketing on their part
                            You had a few batman waves and got Alfred, now you had a superman wave – now get lois, jimmy and perry

If they do a Green Arrow wave we might get a Hooded version of GA, Queen, Canary and others, Green Lantern – you could get Costume variation of GL, a Hal Jordan, Carol etc..
                            Again not at the expense of not getting a Huntress, Dead Shot etc.. But in addition to is perfect IMO

But like Steve said they will only go as deep as the sales allow them to.
                            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

How about the Grey Ghost? Okay, he was a one shot character in a cartoon, buy I thought the idea was fascinating.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎