Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, if only FTC could compliment DC with Marvel!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Oh, if only FTC could compliment DC with Marvel!

FTC is just blowing me away with its DC Mego license- Updated figures, 18", Kresge packaging! WHAT NEXT?

If only FTC could do this with MARVEL! Yes, I'd want ALL original Mego Marvel figures reproduced and NEW Marvel characters single carded!

My DREAM is to have repros of ALL Mego DC and Marvel in original WINDOW BOXES! I bet FTC plans this at some point and DST/EMCE is doing it now but in $80 sets!

I don't unstand why Disney and Marvel is LIMITING Mego Marvel license so much even if Hasbro has Master Marvel action figure license at RETAIL!

At this rate FTC will produce ENTIRE DCU before I see ALL Mego 1975 New X-Men!
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

When it comes to price;

You can buy the EMCE/DST sets fro $69.99, you would have to buy two bodies; if you bought 2 type S bodies at full price that brings your total to $89.99 for three figures.

The FTC figures are $24.99 typically, (Justice League). If you bought three that would be $74.97; if you replace all three bodies which a lot of us are doing, that would make the total $104.97.
    Some FTC figures are $26.99 (Kresge). If you bought three that would be $80.97; if you replaced those bodies.... $110.97
    Some FTC figures are $29.99 (Conan). Which would be $89.97... and $119.97

Even if you don't replace the bodies on the FTC figures, it still averages out to pretty close to the same.

FTC is outproducing everyone in sheer volume of figures, quantity before quality. But they are also rereleasing a lot of the same characters over and over. So you might see 500 versions of Batman and Superman before you see all 1975 X-men.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

They can't do it.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎