Kresge Style Heroes Wave One

Kresge Style Heroes Wave Two
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

These are great variations! The JLA Shazam costume is so much more Capt. Marvel. Love the Kresge card style.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I'm a big confused, there making two versions of Aquaman? wave 1 with green hands, and a wave 2
      with green oven mitts?

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

Yep, Green Arrow's gloves change too. I'd prefer a GA figure with the printed archer's gloves on the sleeves but with the darker green accessories. I'll probably end up just getting him in the Kresge card just to display with my original Mego figure.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• skullface
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 29, 2012

Note the higher price point on the Kresge style cards?!.
          That works out about $5 more on them this way than on the other cards......now I really like this package but I have to wonder how many times they can repack the same toys and still sell it to us? I would have loved it if these came out first but im not sure that I can see myself buying three for four of the same figure just to have all of the card/ packages. I was going to buy all of the fist fighters but maybe ill wait on that.....

Comment

• melkorjunior
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 20, 2014

This "Justice League" Batman figure is ridiculous.

These figures are supposed to incorporate tweaks that will make them look more comic accurate...and the Batman figure still has painted on eyeballs? All they had to do is give him completely white eyes to make him look, for the first time ever, like he isn't a silly goofball. Instead they make his emblem tiny--why?--and they don't bother changing the eyes at all! I would have loved to buy a Mego repro Batman figure with all-white eyes, it would have looked great on the shelf. Instead we get this?

Comment

• TomStrong
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by melkorjunior
              This "Justice League" Batman figure is ridiculous.

These figures are supposed to incorporate tweaks that will make them look more comic accurate...and the Batman figure still has painted on eyeballs? All they had to do is give him completely white eyes to make him look, for the first time ever, like he isn't a silly goofball. Instead they make his emblem tiny--why?--and they don't bother changing the eyes at all! I would have loved to buy a Mego repro Batman figure with all-white eyes, it would have looked great on the shelf. Instead we get this?
              I'm tempted to whiten them in with some acrylic paint. The clamshells they come in are opened easily enough and resealed. But I love these more than any theve produced.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I'm going to harp on Wonder Woman again. Everybody groan with me. *GROAN*

At minimum they could have made the leggings flesh all the way and not printed on the boots at all, then put real boots over them.
                They could have left off the printed tiara and made a simple yellow plastic hair band with a red star. Even a strip of yellow elastic would have been an improvement.
                Both of those would have been very simple changes and not required a new head sculpt. It would have at least shown that they made an effort.

Instead we got this.

And as far as I'm concerned it can sit on their shelf forever.

If they don't step up the game for Wonder Woman in the Super Friend's line, I may end up giving up on FTC.

JeffBearCO
                Last edited by jeffbearco; Apr 24, '15, 8:43 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Justice League Shazam has the correct boots!!! That's awesome!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

I bought all of the Fist fighters Waves 1 and 2 and the Bodies are totally non Fist fight able BUT IMO their 2 best looking figures to date were the Shazam and Green Arrow from those sets... I think they are the Best 2 of these sets as well

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎