• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Colouring Book Theatre: Six Million Dollar Man

StThe Six Million Dollar Man: Coloring Book By Saalfield (1975),
    I've done Six Million Dollar Man books before by Saalfield, but I always enjoy another dip into the Bionic Craze.

Colouring books are usually a mixed bag depending on what reference materials they give the artist, this may be the first time I can accurately deduce exactly what the artist had to work with.

Grab your crayons and beam down me after the jump

The likeness is really sharp in this one, incredibly so and as a bonus, the kid who had this can color well.

This was my first tip off this was based on something other than a bunch of stills, cause I went "Hey that's Victor from "Days of our Lives"!". Planet of the Apes fans know Eric Braeden as Doctor Haslein but I did my soap opera duty back in college, so he'll always be Victor to me....

On the flip side is David McCallum with cheesy moustache, this forced me to IMDB and I found this is all based on the second TV Movie "Wine, Woman and War". It's very early in the series and a little different than the series itself.

Hey Steve, eyes up front.

I love when Colouring books put the brakes on a story.

The Bionic Action comes at the end and it's pretty faithful, you'd think the artist could embellish a little. I remember the comic books gave Steve a laser beam eye.

We're never treated to a shot of the explosion, which, I dunno....MAY HAVE BEN FUN TO COLOR but it's a minor tick in an otherwise pretty cool book!

Thanks again Tracy for the donation! If you have a submission for colouring book theatre drop me a line at brick *at* plaidstallions.com!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

My favorite one in a while. I really love the old colouring books
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Hey! One that's actually based on an episode! Imagine that!
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I actually have this one in my collection. Always loved Six Mill in the coloring books. Great memories!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

The the crashing through the wall image immediately makes me think of my long gone Steve Austin model kit.
          It's all good!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I'm slightly ashamed that I have to correct you and say that Erick Braeden is Victor on "The Young and the Restless". Y&R was my mother's favorite soap, so I knew it well. I still see his face on those Soap Digests in the checkout line. The guys been on that show for 40 years at this point!

Droopy mustache David MaCallum reminds me of his mad scientist in that very odd TV movie "Frankenstein: The True Story", or whatever it was called.

This is definitely a cut above most coloring books. It's like a very sparse comic adaptation of the movie!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Red Hulk
              Career Member
              • Dec 19, 2012

Great stuff I can't say I remember this one though.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎