X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

The Top Ten Fisher Price Little People sets

If you're a kid of the 1970s, chances are the sight of the limbless cherubic Fisher Price Little people will bring a smile to your face.

These simple (and indestructable!) toys were the deserved kings of the preschool aisle during the polyester decade

Here are the top ten Fisher Price Little People Sets:

10) Sesame Street Clubhouse
    Ok, so there was never a clubhouse on Sesame Street, nobody cared because this set was jam packed with features like a trap door, revolving door and a tire swing. Not to mention interesting graffiti professing David's love for Maria, which must make Luis crazy to this day!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • ShadowAvenger
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

Great list and I still love these toys after all these years. I received the farm play set for Christmas one year and my younger sister marked the white top with crayons that same day. She received the camper a few years later and we got the parking garage as a split gift one year.
    Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

wow, what a blast from the past. i still have my camper set, farm set, village, and train set. now my kids are enjoying them. they were made to endure!!

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

those Sesame Street sets are great.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

I never had any FP Little People sets! But I knew several people, including my little cousin when I was 11 who had a few. (and really until I was about 8 or 9, I didn't think black kids were supposed to have these! Not racist, just a little kid's misconception). It's interesting how sometimes that Villiage set was also called Main Street. That was always my favorite.

What no school set? That came in 2nd. for me. I recently bought my grand-niece the 50th Anniversary school set. It's fine for her, 'cos she's only 2, but it doesn't come w/ enough pieces for my liking. I even had to buy 2 more people!

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Fisher Little People Play and Go School 50th Birthday N6001 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 28, 2013

Man, those take me way back. I see Mister Hooper in the Sesame Street set. My cousins and my sister and I had a lot of these sets over the years. Number one for me is the castle, too. I dragged the little Knight all over the place. I think there was a pair of spooky eyes somewhere in the castle that my mom had to black out because they freaked me out.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Great list! I inherited the FP Schoolhouse from my older sister, which I was expecting to see here, but I can't argue all of these sets look cooler. I think I bypassed a lot of FP stuff and went straight to Mego at age 3 or so, so I missed out on some of this great stuff.

Cindy found the castle sitting on the curb for trash pickup in my old neighborhood about 10 years ago. Both my kids have played with that thing over and over, even without any classic FP Little People! It's such a great toy.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                Supporter of Silliness
                • Jun 20, 2007

What a great list. The only one I was expecting to see on here, but didn't was the Houseboat. That one was a pretty awesome tub toy. It had a diving board! And life preservers! Can't argue with the inclusion of any of the others on the list, outside of the Fire Station which neither I, nor any of my friends, ever had. It looks cool enough, but having never played with it as a kid, I just don't know enough about it.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I still have my completely sun faded houseboat, I'm getting a lot of flack for not including it or the A Frame house but these lists aren't exactly "Official", they're just Friday afternoon distraction.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

I had number's 9 & 10 and played with both for many, many hours. Most of the other's were owned by other kids I knew.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

I had the parking garage. Drove my folks nuts with that bell on the elevator. Something I would do is have one of the figures pump gas with the gas pump and turn the handle on the elevator so the gas pump would "ding" as the gas was pumped.

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

I'm not sure I've ever seen the camper before.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

We had ALOT of these. Still play with the houseboat in the swimming pool. The Sesame Street one is gone, but I still have some of the figures. That one was the stuff dreams are made of.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

I had the Castle. I loved that pink Dragon.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

My favourite one that I owned was the circus train, all those animals were awesome! My favourite that I never owned was the castle. The first time I saw it at some kids house it blew my mind. At that point I was probably too old for these toys but I couldn't resist playing with it, great toy!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎