X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

18" DC Series 1 Batman $99.99 SET of 5 $499.99 at bbts

bbts.com has FTC DC 18" Series 1 Batman $99.99 and SET of 5 $499.99!

I thought these would be at least $100 each, not bad glad they are not more! Mego replicas are nice and if FTC can start making 18" DC with NEW head sculpts and costumes and NEW DC characters entirely then $100 will be better than $200+ for Sideshow 12" DC!
  • PeterRR
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 2, 2008

If they just take the 8" figures and make them 18" then i would rather spend more money on a sideshow 1/6th figure. Besides mego figure were not very detailed. And the bigger they get the less detailed they will looks. And the bodies should have more articulation. Mego for the time was good but in today's marker they have to step it up if they plan on charging $100 a figure

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

^^^
      This.
      I don't personally get the appeal of a larger version of the 8" figure; when Mego introduced their 12.5" figures, the appeal to me was that they made them more detailed and the costumes more authentic (Captain America finally got white sleeves and red gauntlets, albeit with flesh hands and a huge noggin!). The chief advantage of 1/4 scale to me is the ability to add more detail; to each their own, though.

Comment

• firestarcomics
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 19, 2014

DANG! $100.00 a pop for these is going to be a GIANT FAIL! I don't understand why FTC is pushing out product lines that are NOT going to sell like Gilligan's Island and Dallas? Now these 18 inch Super Hero Lines that don't have a real bang for the buck. The costumes look the same as the 8 in figures. I work in a retail store where some of the 8 in lines just sit there collecting dust. I love Mego and all things retro but at some point some stuff is just not going to sell unless, the design,costumes and art are KICK butt! I hope they do a DRASTIC improvement on the head sculpts, articulation and costumes...NO MORE ONESIES on female action figures PLEASE.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

Ill will be getting some of these for sure,i think their fantastic,i just dont have space for to many,so its pick and choose,Perhaps
          Superman & Batman.But wont pass up Shazam or WonderWomen & Supergirl.Wow they have Scarecrow pictured on the box-that will
          be cool.

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

If these 18" got too detailed than they would be closer to Tonner dolls which I don't collect. I have this urge to order the Batman 18" even though I don't have
            room for these . That darn Batman keeps looking better and better .

Comment

• rykerw1701
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 27, 2007

I hope FTC sells a ton of these, and I see the appeal, but I don't feel the appeal. They remind me of the larger versions of the Star Wars 3.75 inch figures that were recently produced, and I didn't like those much either. But again, it's all a matter of taste. I just expect a lot for $100 out of a collectible.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

Gentle Giant Jumbo Star Wars are 12" and ALL plastic with limited articulation like vintage 3.75" Star Wars. They started at $80 each, there more than that now aren't they? GG Jumbo Marvel Secret Wars are $90!

So FTC 18" CLOTH costumed highly articulated are good deal at $100 a pop!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

The only appeal these have for me is if they are a giant version of an original Mego 8" figure in the same vein as the Gentile Giant figures. I don't care about new characters or attempts at updating head sculpts or outfits.

I don't intend to buy any actually, but seeing The Riddler in person might change my mind. I can't imagine buying any more than one.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• wise guy
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 29, 2014

I think the novelty of having 1 or 2 of these on display would be cool and these might even appeal to others besides mego collectors.
                    How about a giant 18" Joker standing next to 8'' Batman ?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

How about a giant 18" Joker standing next to 8'' Batman ?
                      You could recreate this cover:

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Vinny0026
                        Year Five!!
                        • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        The only appeal these have for me is if they are a giant version of an original Mego 8" figure in the same vein as the Gentile Giant figures. I don't care about new characters or attempts at updating head sculpts or outfits.
                        I have to agree with this statement - The intent of these Jumbo figures is the Novelty to just have an over sized Mego
                        It is not to be compared to a sideshow or Hot Toys figure. It is like apples to oranges.

These should just be larger versions of Mego (IMO) I don't have to much room left - So I'm only going to grab 1 or 2 of these.
                        But if you want a fully detailed figure than you would just buy the Side Show figures.

I kick myself that I missed out on a few of the Jumbo Star wars figures - Those figures go for bank on e bay.
                        and if anyone knows Anthony at CTV he is a huge fan of the Star Wars Jumbos - I believe he has them all. (Yes a lot of you forget he is a Toy Guy - not just a toy maker - his love for toys is what led him to remake mego figures)

So my point of view on these is to have them just as they should be - larger versions - they should not be trying to re-invent the wheel.
                        So what they are doing is spot on - IMO
                        Last edited by Vinny0026; Mar 24, '15, 6:58 AM.
                        "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Vinny0026
                          Year Five!!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by wise guy
                          I think the novelty of having 1 or 2 of these on display would be cool and these might even appeal to others besides mego collectors.
                          I think these will sell well. Not sure if anyone owns any Jumbo Star wars figures - But they really are freaking Awesome!
                          I have a few MOC original figures - but when people come over the house and see the collection - they are like I had those and think its kinda cool

Than they see the jumbos and freak out about them. They really display great. Thats why for me - batman and robin is pretty much a must - not sure how many others I will get but I will get those 2 for sure.
                          "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

BBTS already has 18" Batman as sold out on pre order as of yesterday

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by wise guy
                              BBTS already has 18" Batman as sold out on pre order as of yesterday
                              Wow! Glad I did not hesitate in this one. Seeing them in the box increased the appeal to me.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎