X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

6 Million Dollar Man Bionic Video Center

I've joked about the Bionic Video Center in the past but there is no way as a kid that I wouldn't have wanted this. Steve is reliving his glory days, he needs a six pack.

Bionic Favourites:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Actorman
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 4, 2010

I've only seen this on eBay once and I was outbid at the last minute. It seems to one of the rarer items in the line, yet without the "holy grail" status of items like the Venus Space Probe. I don't know if they made a Bionic Woman version of this one. I know they made both versions of the hand held viewer. I have a blue SMDM one and an orange BW one. I think there were versions of one or both of them in red as well. Interestingly, although I have the BW viewer, I do not own nor I have I ever seen any of the BW cassettes.

The prices on the SMDM cassettes are all over the place. You can usually find the first four or so (I think there were 7 total) for just a couple of bucks each loose, but boxed ones are usually in the $50 - $75 range! The last couple (which I believe came out later) are much harder to find. I think I have 5 of the 7.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Y'know, these Kenner film cartridges, compared to the Fisher Price cartridges, do NOT hold up well. I've bought 3 of these w/ the hand projector and NONE of them work. But out of the 12 FP ones I've purchased, all but 1 works.

Have any of you had this experience w/ the Kenner film cartridges?
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Actorman
        Museum Super Collector
        • Oct 4, 2010

Originally posted by HardyGirl
        Y'know, these Kenner film cartridges, compared to the Fisher Price cartridges, do NOT hold up well. I've bought 3 of these w/ the hand projector and NONE of them work. But out of the 12 FP ones I've purchased, all but 1 works.

Have any of you had this experience w/ the Kenner film cartridges?
        I have purchased around 12 or 13 of the Kenner SMDM film cartridges in total. (I purchased several of them in lots so I ended up with duplicates in order to pick up ones I was missing.) I only had 1 that didn't work at all, plus one that kept "slipping", if that makes sense. The other ones all worked fine as far as the mechanism within the cartridge. However, the one thing that is consistent with all of them is that the picture is really, really, really scratchy. I don't know if this is because there is something poor about the design that scratches the film as it moves through the cartridge or if it is just cheap film stock that has deteriorated over the past 30-something years.

Of course, maybe they always looked like that and it just wasn't as jarring on our pre-DVD/Blu-ray, pre-cable, fuzzy-broadcast-antenna-reception-viewing 1970's eyes back in the day! LOL!!

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

I've never seen this before, cool!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡