X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Super Powers / Fist Fighters Costume Question

I am tired of waiting for a single release of Aquaman, Green Arrow and Captain Marvel and none of the two packs are a good value since I skipped the Aquaman / Green Arrow set.

I was thinking about just buying the Fist Fighters releases and putting the heads and costumes onto regular bodies.

Will that wok, or is the hole where the lever pokes through big enough to be a distraction? Not that I plan to display my figures from the back, but knowing there is this big hole in the costume will bug the heck out of me. Can it be sewed up? I tried to find pictures online and could not find any.

Thanks!
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
    I am tired of waiting for a single release of Aquaman, Green Arrow and Captain Marvel and none of the two packs are a good value since I skipped the Aquaman / Green Arrow set.

I was thinking about just buying the Fist Fighters releases and putting the heads and costumes onto regular bodies.

Will that wok, or is the hole where the lever pokes through big enough to be a distraction? Not that I plan to display my figures from the back, but knowing there is this big hole in the costume will bug the heck out of me. Can it be sewed up? I tried to find pictures online and could not find any.

Thanks!
    That should work like charm! FTC FF's costumes don't have a hole on the back like Mego original FF's had. They are regular costumes.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Boywonder0
      That should work like charm! FTC FF's costumes don't have a hole on the back like Mego original FF's had. They are regular costumes.
      Perfect!

Thank you!

Comment

• Frank
        Veteran Member
        • May 2, 2009

I did that exact same thing for Aquaman, Shazam, and Green Arrow. They look great. I couldn't wait either.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

Hey, I didnt know that, either. I broke down and bought the Fist Fighters as well. Even though I feared the costume hole in the back. This is great news!

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

The costumes are a bit different, but the JLA figures are due in June and up for preorder now, and they are about $5 less expensive.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by madmarva
              The costumes are a bit different, but the JLA figures are due in June and up for preorder now, and they are about $5 less expensive.
              But they do not satisfy the Mego Repros that I want. I still plan to pick up at least the JLA Captain Marvel and Green Arrow though. Probably Batman too. I like the changes/improvements!

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I just finished the conversion of Green Arrow, Captain Marvel and Aquaman from Fist Fighter bodies to Type-S bodies. It went relatively well and any issues would be the same whether the original body was FF or the FTC standard body.

So if you can't wait for a regular release of these (we know the Kresge cards are coming), can get these at a good price and had plans to move them to a different body of your choice, then I would say go for it!

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

I did the same thing because the Aquaman and Green Arrow costumes were too tight on fist fighters to get good fist fighter action , and over time would have torn

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎