X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DocDrako
    Formerly Doc Drako
    • Nov 11, 2004

Hot Wheels Batmobiles

Who's still looking for them? Our two Wal*Marts never have them. Target is the same. I know that several fellow members here were having trouble finding them. I'm not a Hot Wheels collector in the least, but the Hot Wheels Batmobile is just cool as far as I'm concerned. What's the story?

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

My wife found 1. I have never seen a one. It comes down to the Hotwheel scalpers plain and simple.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

Sad thing is these are going for near retail on ebay, with the added expense of shipping, which in some cases is the real profit center for the sellers, but not all. I still feel these will be easy enough to find. My real interest still lies in the larger scale cars from them anyway.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I suspect there is some spuculation type hoarding going on, too. 66 Bat stuff does pretty well in the long run.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

I've yet to see any here in NE TN but a kind MM member sold me at cost.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

I haven't seen one in Belgium yet. Plenty of Hot Wheels, but no Batmobile. Fortunately someone was kind enough to hook me up, he sent me one for free (except for the $4,50 for shipping)
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
              Stays Crunchy in Milk
              • Aug 2, 2004

I finally got one. I think a lot of collectors want more than one. I want one for my kid, and I'd love an opened one as well as one on card... Hot Wheels dorks probably want 20. I know I'd love to have a shelf of Mego Batmans, and if they were a dollar a piece I would have.

I'd say that if you can find affordable shipping with ebay and can get one for a few bucks total, go for it because I thought we'd start seeing them by now.
              Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• ramsey37
                • Jun 18, 2001

I work at Wal-Mart, and it's been only by sheer dumb luck that I managed to pick up four of these derned cars. I had spoken to one of the ladies who works 3rd shift in the Toy department awhile back and asked her to hook me up. She let me know one night that the store had gotten a shipment of Hot Wheels in that week, and she was kind enough to open two cases for me. Each case had exactly one Batmobile. The sad part is that she had hidden several of them for me the night before (my night off, naturally), and someone else found them before I came in. I was able to get two more a couple of weeks later. These were on the shorter cards that go in the checkout lanes, packed two to a case. I haven't seen a single one in the wild since. It's possible they'll be more common as the year wears on, but for now they're still hard to come by.
                George

Comment

• mitchedwards
                  Mego Preservation Society
                  • May 2, 2003

I've only found them once at my Walmart, after that I have not seen them anymore

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Evel KMego
                    Museum Daredevil
                    • Apr 26, 2006

My buddy is a "toy runner", you know those guys who get up at 4:00 in the morning to hit the Wal-Marts for hot toys to sell on Ebay. Anyway, he's found 3 or 4 around our area( So. Indiana). A Hot Wheels friend of his sold an error Batmobile (the windshield was missing) on card for $70.00! Those Hot Wheels guys go crazy for errors, which I don't understand, errors decrease action figure values.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I still haven't seen one at retail. The hoarders are still out for this one apparently.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• AcroRay
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 17, 2005

I found 4 right on the pegs at my local WalMart the day before Easter, and bought them all for myself, a couple of buddies and my dad. I thought about flipping them on eBay for a quick buck since my hobby funds are pretty low, but the idea sort of turned my stomach.

The people who got them loved 'em. They're not Hot Wheels collectors, but they do like Batman or neat 1960s cars. 88 cents worth of fun & grins. That's what they're really worth!
                        Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                        AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                        The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                        Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

yeah here in Miami I have yet to see one in a store,if it wasn't for a member here i would'nt have one
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I found two wile on vacation in Novi Michigan two weeks back. These hotwheel hoarders had them and put them down. Yoing! Now I am giving them away on the buzz this morning.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Sowth
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 14, 2006

I had heard that these weren't making it to Australia, but I was in Target on the weekend with the family, took my son over to the toy section and there were two batmobiles and two "Mega-Thrust" treasure hunts (one plain and one shiny chrome variaton) sitting on the front row of the pegs.

Bought them all fully intending to open one of the batmobiles and put one away, but it is so nice I'm struggling with ripping it! Crazy! It is a beautifully done car though considering the scale.

The Treasure hunts will be nice fodder for my table at the next collector's fair. Muhahaha! Scalper! Scalper! Burn him! :-)

Will
                              Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎