X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions Episode 28: Trek Kids 2

With last month's passing of Leonard Nimoy, we decided to pick up where we left off when last discussing Star Trek.

This episode touches upon the highs and lows of the Star Trek movie franchise, ending at part 6. We also discuss the (minimalist) 80s merchandise, conventions, films the cast did and don't hate us but neither of us are big TNG fans.

Download the Show Here

Listen here

Fun Links:

Plenty more content on the PodStallions Facebook page!

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

yay! something to listen to on my road trip tomorrow.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Friday, is once again saved.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Fun show as always. ST II and VI are my favorites as well, but I have a soft spot for III, and find it under appreciated. I think folks are kind of coming around on it though. That was the first Trek film I saw in the theater, so that has something to do with it as well.

I happen to like the character bits in V, but yeah, it's a mess otherwise. I remember seeing ads for those Galoob "static" figures in DC Comics of the time. I believe you could order them directly from that ad. Kirk was in that "away mission" outfit. Really odd choices in that line.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Once again, a great show.

I agree with what you said about the post classic Trek, though I did like ST:TNG more than the other series since. I remember when they introduced Dr. Pulaski (Diana Muldaur's one-season doctor who replaced Beverly Crusher) they actually talked about having her as a cantankerous character in order to introduce some friction in what was basically too cohesive a cast. They particularly seemed to want her to have issues with Data in an attempt at a McCoy/Spock type argument.

While it's not amazing, I have never hated Star Trek V but could see issues with it even then. I do remember the ads for the Galoob toys and several articles in Starlog at the time.

Does anyone up here remember Leonard Nimoy hosting a show either made for or broadcast by Nickelodeon in the mid-1980s called Lights, Camera, Action? It was an entertainment news show that went behind the scenes, and I remember Roger Moore being interviewed about A View to a Kill and features on movies like Karate Kid and Gremlins.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Looking forward to seeing what merchandise BBP has planned for Voyage Home... I'm hoping at least some figural stuff (bobble heads, 3 3/4" format figure)
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎