X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Star Trek Week: Capes by Norben

Here's a bit of weirdness from Canada, I actually remember finding one of these in the 80s. Halloween distributor Norben released a series of low cost Star Trek cape and mask sets using what I guess is some Ben Cooper masks from the first movie.

It's a pretty low rent affair complete with a card that had to be produced locally, there is no way anybody at Paramount approved this magical thing.

Let's get a good look at this, a really bored Ilia, Kirk in a pink shirt (which happens a lot with Halloween costumes), Mr Spock and a man with a shrimp ring on his head.

Around the back is the sticker I guess you attached to the cape to make it official. Even if Captain kirk wore a cape, it wouldn't have a picture of himself on it. Although I do believe William Shatner's would....

Needless to say, I adore this thing.For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

It's actually pretty brilliant. How do you make Kirk cooler? Give him a cape.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Obviously these folks knew a smock was better than the pajama uniforms of TMP.

That drawing of the Shat is actually pretty nice. The card header...not so much. But I do love it for it's bootleg-like awfulness.

Ilia here looks like that scary cashier at Wal-Mart you try to avoid. Shaved head and what looks to be some nasty nose piercings, thanks to the staple.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MysteryWho
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 16, 2008

Wow. Another wonderful disaster. Riot Grrl Ilia thanks you for not objectifying her while she makes your latte. Tip generously, she needs to finish a tattoo.
        And another misplaced red shirt out of nowhere! I guess some of these artists were only permitted one red crayon, a safety pencil, and a circle of paper.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎