X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manspider
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 7, 2008

Price Check: Star Wars Original 12-Backs Collection

Can somebody please let me know how much an unopened set of original Star Wars 12-Backs is worth?
    I have an opportunity to purchase for $5500 and not sure if that's a fair price or a real good deal.
    The condition of packaging is described as good to poor. No tears, no crushed bubbles, no bubble lifting, no reseals, no yellowing, etc.
    Most of the cardbacks are wavy. The lightsabers are not telescoping and the Jawas cape is material.
    Thanks for any help. Again, I know condition is an important factor; that's why I just want a ball park figure.
  • Bantha5
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 2, 2013

The carded vintage Star Wars market is red hot right now, but condition is everything. With them being in good to poor condition not sure about price, No crushed bubbles sounds like a step in the right direction. Your best bet would be to ask over in the Rebelscum forums. They are going to ask for pictures. Hope this helps and good luck with the purchase. Ryan

Comment

• Manspider
      Museum Super Collector
      • Feb 7, 2008

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Make sure you know your stuff. The fakes out there are the stuff nightmares are made from. Know your seller. Do your research. And yes, definitely go to rebel scum.

Oh, and I'm jealous.

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

I first read the price at $550 and about had a heart attack. Be careful, reseals are all over the place. I have seen some incredible looking ones. They honestly scare the heck out of me. They can look perfect.

Comment

• mikeMc6
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 24, 2012

Fabricators have mastered the "waffle" pattern on original cards...your $5500 price tag comes to about $460 per carded figure...post a pic if you can
            INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
            WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• Manspider
              Museum Super Collector
              • Feb 7, 2008

Thanks, you guys.

Comment

• mizzoujedi
                • Mar 18, 2010

My most Homer Simpson moment was in 1993. I went to a local toy show and an old lady was trying to peddle a complete set of MOC 12 backs in a plastic Wal-Mart bag. For $400. I was a poor, jobless, high school student and had to pass (but I COULD have sold some plasma or something). Included was a cloth Jawa, and a small head Han. Some dealer bought them. Now I tell myself they were recards, but I'm pretty sure they weren't.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

^Had a similar moment with 21-Back cards. A guy at an antique show had a set he wanted $2100 for minus the POPs.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎