PDA

View Full Version : Best Comic/Toy Stores in the Chicago Area?

samurainoir
Mar 10, '15, 12:11 PM
Aw Yeah Comics is a given, but with limited time, what are the Must Visit places of Nostalgic Geekery that one can hit up in an afternoon if some of us were to jump into a minivan and take a field trip? Help me come up with an itinerary!

GreenLantern9999
Mar 11, '15, 7:14 AM
With out a doubt Quake Collectibles in Chicago's Lincoln Square neighborhood is a must! Best toy store I've ever been in!

GreenLantern9999
Mar 11, '15, 7:15 AM
Oh also Challengers Comics on Western Ave and Chicago Comics on Clark Street. Love Em!

Mego Milk
Mar 11, '15, 5:33 PM
agreed!

Toyman_Chris
Mar 22, '15, 8:25 PM
Go see Dave at Quake. I will be there with my car and will be glad to drive some peeps around!!

samurainoir
Apr 21, '15, 9:13 PM
anyone know what this store is like? it's about an hour north of Skokie
http://www.oldtoysliveon.com

Godzilla
Apr 22, '15, 10:52 AM
Quake is excellent. I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was worth the trip.

Toyman_Chris
Apr 28, '15, 9:33 PM
I spoke with Dave at Quake. He will open the store early, just for us. ;-)

Flynne
May 1, '15, 12:05 AM
I spoke with Dave at Quake. He will open the store early, just for us. ;-)

S'what I'm talkin' 'bout! Nice going Chris!

VintageMike
May 2, '15, 9:09 PM
Sounds cool, but I have to admit, it will mostly be a sight seeing thing for me as I'm saving my $ for some hopefully major Mego acquisitions this year since the vintage selection is likely to better. Collecting wise, that's my goal for this year's Meet. Though I'll have my comics want list in case there any deals to be had!

Toyman_Chris
May 3, '15, 9:37 PM
S'what I'm talkin' 'bout! Nice going Chris!

Yea Boi! I am really looking forward to it. I am thinking we can go Friday morning, for the people who come in Thursday.