Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judson's
    • Oct 23, 2007

FTC's 6 inch bodies - any good?

What's the verdict on the quality of FTC's 6" (Teen Titan) bodies? Is the quality decent? I've looked through the forum to see if there's a consensus on these, but I'm missing it if there is.

I'm willing to restring them if necessary, but I've been burned by poor-quality brittle plastic used by CTVT on their 8" bodies in the past. Thumbs and wrists and ankles cracking and such. You know the drill. Admittedly that was a few years ago though, and their quality may have improved on the newer smaller ones.

Basically, I want to do a custom Planet of the Apes younger ape figure (think Lucius from the first movie). FTC's prices are good, and they make them in brown, but if they're poor quality maybe I'd be better off trying to find a cheap Lion Rock body on ebay instead.

Thoughts?

Thx
    Judson's
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

the old ones were better than the 8 inch figures, but I haven't gotten a new one made in China yet.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I don't know about the boys but the girls have some problems.

The arms are nonarticulated, and the hip pin pops out when you attempt to pose it in anything but a standing position.
      JediJaida

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

I'm happy with my new '6 inch Teen Male Articulated Bodies (made in China)'.

Compared to an original Lion Rock, it's more squat in the waist. The limbs may may be a tad leaner than the original Lion Rocks (I like a good set of *calves* on any figure), but the quality is definitely there. The shoulder connection is so great for a repro. As a rule, most of the China figures are strung too tight, so consider add a link to the elastics to make them more poseable.

As for the '6 inch Male Articulated Brown Bodies',
        Classic Tv Toys started making retro MEGO type 8 inch action figures in 2005.

these are made in India. They are more brittle, so if you play rough with them, it's a hit or a miss. If it's only to pose them, they're still a good deal (albeit, allowing for shipping).

If an original is easily accessible from eBay, IMO, always get an original Indeed, even if I have to re-string it, I'm never disappointed with an original Mego

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

I have a young ape in the works using the new 6" body and have no complaints.

Comment

• Judson's
            • Oct 23, 2007

Thanks, everyone! I totally missed the fact that the Teen Titan bodies and the brown 6" bodies were a different manufacturer. Gotta learn to read that fine print

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎