X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Isis!

I bet there is no copyright on Isis how about a repro of her!
    (or at least her sandels I couldn't get a set from Dr. Mego any ideas?)
  • SoulSinger
    Singer Of Mego Love
    • Oct 22, 2007

I'd buy one! Isis was my wife's main mego as a kid.

Bob

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

I believe the copyright on Isis is now owned by Entertainment Rights...they just released a DVD set last fall.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• SoulSinger
        Singer Of Mego Love
        • Oct 22, 2007

Well, if the figure is said to be Isis as descibed here Isis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I think copyrights do not apply.

Bob

Originally posted by The Toyroom
        I believe the copyright on Isis is now owned by Entertainment Rights...they just released a DVD set last fall.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by SoulSinger
          Well, if the figure is said to be Isis as descibed here Isis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I think copyrights do not apply.
          Nobody would seriously buy that version of Isis and think they were getting the version from the old Filmation TV series...so copyrights DO apply if Filmation's version (now owned by Entertainment Rights) is the one you're trying to license and market.

Comment

• SoulSinger
            Singer Of Mego Love
            • Oct 22, 2007

Forgive my nonlegalese thoughts here, but how can a character who is part if history or mythology have a version that is copyrighted? Maybe the DST and EMCE folks can chime in here. What does it take to get a license? Did biblical figures need licensing? Did presidents?

Bob

Nobody would seriously buy that version of Isis and think they were getting the version from the old Filmation TV series...so copyrights DO apply if Filmation's version (now owned by Entertainment Rights) is the one you're trying to license and market.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Bob
              Yes, no one can copyright the Goddess Isis.

But they can copyright fictional characters based on her. The Mego Isis, being from the Filmation series The Secrets of Isis, is copyrighted. The DC Comics version of Isis, while being a bit an obvious homage to the Filmation Isis, is still different enough in looks and back story to be a unique copyrightable character.

Anyone can make an Isis doll. But if they want to make the Filmation or DC version, they have to get the license for the character.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Forgive my nonlegalese thoughts here, but how can a character who is part if history or mythology have a version that is copyrighted?
                It's the same thing as Marvel Comics' Thor...yes, Thor is based on the god from Norse mythology...but if you try to use Marvel's version without authorization prepare to be smacked down.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

I'd pass on Isis...but that's just me. I welcome any Mego to be made.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• drakghoulie
                    • Feb 20, 2008

I gotta have ISIS!, and I'll tell you why. I never had the action figure as a kid, I loved the show and Joanna Cameron was a knock out yet some how they managed to hide it a little with her teacher disguise, not a lot, she just looked different. pardon the detour. also I spoke with her not long ago, super nice lady. Yea, I gotta have the ISIS action figure if they re-do it. Drakghoulie

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

Meh.... You guys Keep her.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

It's the same thing as Marvel Comics' Thor...yes, Thor is based on the god from Norse mythology...but if you try to use Marvel's version without authorization prepare to be smacked down.
                        Yeah,it's more than likely the reason why when DC had their version of Thor,he was a red head. I'm sure the same holds true with guys like Hercules. Marvel has theirs,Sam Raimi had his and Disney has theirs.

Comment

• Cardzilla
                          • Nov 25, 2007

I recently purchased the Secrets of Isis DVD. My older daughter gave up after watching the first episode. She got bored. However, my younger daughter loves the show and I'm sure she would love to have Isis.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎