X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

Original Corgi Batmobile from 1970's

Why has no one reproduced the Corgi Batmobile from 1970's with mini figures of Batman and Robin. I also remember a
    corgi vehicle with mini figures of Superman ,Aquaman, Batman ,and Robin all in one car with a Superfriends theme.
    The more modern corgi Bat vehicles from 1990's were not as good and lacked the figures that fit into the vehicles.
    There was also a Black Beauty with mini Green Hornet and Kato that I saw in a toy store display case( full of corgi's )as a kid
  • Toy Timelord
    Banned
    • Aug 4, 2014

The Black Beauty is incredibly rare.

There was also a James Bond Aston Martin with working ejector seet and other neat gadgets. And a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with pop out wings.

I have the Batmobile, the Bond Car, and the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I also have some of the early 2000s batmobiles by Corgi, and while they don't have as many gimmicks as the original, they're still good, and some DO have the figures.

As for why they don't reproduce it? Who knows. Originals can be had reasonably if you do some digging. But the better shape (and more complete) they are, the more expensive they get.

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

Did'nt they also have a UFO Interceptor( from UFO TV show), a couple of the Thunder Birds, and Pink Panther car.
      I use to try to look at these( at a store called Gothchalks as a kid in the 70's) but an ANGRY Toy dept lady used to make us leave if are parents were'nt with us

Comment

• Toy Timelord
        Banned
        • Aug 4, 2014

No idea. I have a vintage Corgi catalog somewhere but no idea where at the moment.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

I have one in poor shape. I really should sell it on eBay one of these days.
          I also have the gold finger Aston Martin which was reissued for GoldenEye.
          Corgi used the same mold 30 years later.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

The Corgi Batmobile and Batboat gift set is one of my prized possessions. This particular example is an import. I can't even begin to count how many of the Corgi Batmobiles I went through as a kid. They tended to be something I got after I had caught the flu or some other illness that laid me up for a spell. They were certainly the right medicine for an aching body.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Beautiful, Tom!

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

That is a nice set ! Now I really wish somebody would start making repros of this and Black Beauty

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Corgi actually did a reproduction of the Black Beauty back in 2001. It wasn't an exact reproduction with respects to having the Green Hornet shooting out the back window but it is a very nice piece. I have it but it's boxed up at the moment. Here's an example of one on EBay...

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 15, 2010

Corgi has missed the boat by lack of reissuing all these great movie/tv cars from the 60s-70s to the US market. I'd buy them all (Batmobile, Chitty, Black Beauty, Aston Martin DB5, etc.).

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

As a kid I had the Batmobile and Batboat with trailer, plus the Batcopter. Sadly I remember one of the rotor blades of the 'copter getting broken off at some point.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

They had a Batcopter too? So much die cast goodness that it's too bad with all the Hotwheel collector's and Batman 66 collector's that Corgi or
                        somebody make a limited number of the Batmobile with features and figures. If they run a ad in Previews ,Batbooks, etc a limited run with pre orders and
                        I am good to buy 3 or 4 each. If they sell well than do the same with Batmobile and Batboat pre orders

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

They had a Batcopter too?
                          Sure did!

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

I had at least two Corgi Batmobiles when I was a little boy. I got them at KMart and think that they were there for years. They looked great and were so much fun.

- Ian
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 17, 2011

I've got 2 Batmobiles, one with a built in boat hitch and the other had a boat hitch that you slid over the flame exhaust - I also have a Batboat & trailer, all from when I was a kid ( 1960's/70's ) - my mother never threw anything away. A few year ago I got the Bond car both in gold and silver at a good price. I also have an old Corgi catalog that's fun to look through.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎