X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

The Library--and advice

I have just gotten a toy I've wanted for awhile--the library playset from the Buffy line. I was interested in this back when it was first produced, and I'm now taking classes to get my MLS, so I especially wanted it (even if most libraries I'll ever work in will not quite look like this). I'm wondering all what readers up here suggest I place in it. I don't have a Giles figure yet to populate it (and would love advice if there's one that especially would look best). I do have the Accoutrements Casanova (who was, among many things, a librarian, and yes, that's how my mind works) and can get the Nancy Pearl "Librarian" figure they made. The only other one that seems best for me is Henry Bemis from Twilight Zone's "Time Enough at Last." I'll even let him read without nagging him. Since I'm doubting TNT's Librarians series gets any toys or a library playset, what else might you recommend? Is there a Barbara Gordon figure? Any classic figs to nominate? As always, thanks.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I love the idea of Bemis & adding a Barbara Gordon.

I'm planning a neat Babs custom, but I fear FTC will supercede it.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

I didn't realize until recently that the whole Barbara Gordon as librarian and even Batgirl were actually created for the show--I'd thought it was just brought into the TV program and grew up knowing it as part of the Bat Mythos.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

Maybe you could find or commission a Batman Bookworm figure?

CCC.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Don't know if this is any help to you, but…

My Wife is a librarian, and I wanted to make a custom figure of her. So I made a "World's Greatest Librarians" faux series, and put images of famous librarians on the back. Maybe you could do a Ben Franklin or a Noah Wile or Barbara Bush… You can get a Jocasta Nu figure from Brian's Toys.

Here's a pic:

By the way, I would've loved to pick up that playset for my wife, but couldn't find one at a realistic price. If you know of a source that still has them, drop me a line.

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

That is an absolutely awesome gift for your wife. I lucked into the set but will let you know if I find another one that's reasonable. I actually had (think I still have in storage) the Accoutrements Ben Franklin and forgot about him. The Buffy set is made for 5" scaled figures, so I'm trying to get ones that look reasonable in the set. Great thinking!
            Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I really love those, very cool and let's not forget Mr. ATOZ from the Star Trek TOS episode.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

Was Mr. ATOZ made into a Playmates figure? It's actually surprising Jocast Nu hasn't been made officially.

So if I'm getting figures which fit into the playset more or less in scale, there's the Rupert Giles figure from the Buffy line and Henry Bemis from Twilight Zone. From an "historical" perspective, there's Ben Franklin, Casanova, and the Nancy Pearl/Librarian figures from Accoutrements. There wasn't a Thomas Jefferson was there?

I know there's a Barbara Gordon figure as Oracle that's in a smaller scale, but is there one for her just as Barbara Gordon? In a PM, someone suggested Dr. Zaius, "keeper of forbidden knowledge," but the smallest I can find is a 7" figure for him. Too bad when they made those classic movie figures in the late 1990s they didn't make 3 3/4" ones for It's a Wonderful Life (for Mary Bailey in the alternate timeline). Any others? Perhaps the library is my "excuse" for getting the Professor from the Lovecraft line...
                Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• LordMudd
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 22, 2011

Speaking of Professors, Prof. X could work.

CCC.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 28, 2008

And following the Professorial route (good point about Professor X--and wouldn't Beast have been happy in a library?), I'm sorry they never made an "Indiana Jones at the University" figure. But didn't they have a Dr. Henry Jones figure when they went back and made new toys for the Crystal Skulls sequel? I suppose I could dig out my Kenner Belloq...
                    Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

I don't remember a Mr. ATOZ as a playmates figure, but if you check ebay, there's a Mego custom
                      ATOZ on auction, I actually have that already, and the seller (Filmstripfantasy) makes nice custom
                      outfits, got the ATOZ outfit from her, she has some nice Trek customs up for auction at the moment
                      worth taking a look, and I know she takes requests, she's currently making a Korob outfit for me
                      with wand, looking forward to getting that and will post pics once it's complete.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎