X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

FTC Korak Son of Tarzan figure

So I'm not sure if this has already been discussed and I missed it. Did anyone notice the different body used for Korak? I got mine in the mail yesterday and at first glance it looked just like the regular 8" body. I opened the clam to adjust his pose and noticed several differences. The hands are different. The feet are completely different. So is the lower portion of the leg and the forearm. The hip/butt part of the body appears to be different as well. And the arms are not connected the same way as with the other 8" figures.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

From the web pics it looks like the KISS body, which is more or less a scaled down version of the Mego 12" body. I didn't realize the feet were different though.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Do you mind posting pics?

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

that's interesting! So it's a skinnier body? Recommended if you require a skinnier custom? Does FTC sell this body on the site?

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

I wonder if they'll use this body for the upcoming Superboy? It seems perfect!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

I wonder why they didn't use the Teen male body?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Is he eight inches tall?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I see the shoulders are Lion Rock/TT style, but this is an 8" figure? Would love to see this carried over to other lines.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

it states on the website that Merium is definitely on a 6 inch teen body in the Tarzan set, and Korak is 8".

very cool if they are mixing and matching parts like this to try and suit the character. Like when BBP gave Brock Samson a hulk body with regular legs (and Mike Tyson as well).

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

As Steve said this body is a scale down of the 12" FTC (or Mego) body. FTC used this body in their KISS lines. Waves 1 through 3 used it for sure. It is taller than the body used in FTC Teen Titans but smaller than the 8" body used in FTC Batman retro, Superman retro and TV Batman waves.

If they decided to use the KISS body in Korak, that may be an indicator that the new teen titans and revised Robin may use it as well...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

the Kiss bodies are just a teeny bit shorter than a regular 8 inch figure. I got one of the headless DTK figure for the suit. The one Igot needs to be restrung, the legs are floppity.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

got out the camera and the kiss body and its actually not all that different height wise.

in both pics, the Kiss body is on the viewer's left.
                        Last edited by thunderbolt; Feb 25, '15, 5:36 PM.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• nobody
                          banjo!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Should make a good NTT body.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

For me, the shoulder articulation on the Kiss body seems superior and compensates for the stresses of the traditional stringing method.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

but its a loose floppy piece of crap that needs restringing. Surprised there were not any complaints about it. as bad if not worse than a Matty body.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎